4/18, Susie, 260 AMPS

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summer and Susie (GA), Apr 18, 2021.

1. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-dosing-protocol-slgs-tr.246249/#post-2778885

Wondering if I overfed a little last night in an effort to keep numbers high enough to sleep. She had 1 can at PMPS, 1/2 can at +2.50 and 1/2 can at +6 when she was at 155. Might all this food have raised her AMPS to 260 this morning? The +2.50 and +6 food was the FF liver and chicken.

Hope all have a wonderful Sunday and folks in Florida get some of this upcoming, and much needed, rain!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Pamela & Amethyst likes this.
  2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Good morning, Summer. I hope you do get rain. I wish we would too. We are starting to get a little low. I hope this will not be a drought year.
    I’m sorry Susie’s AMPS was a little high. Perhaps it was the food. I’m surprised she ate all of it. A good appetite is a nice thing though. Have a nice Sunday.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  3. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Suzanne. Looks like the rain is going to sneak south of you. I thought Georgia had gotten a lot of rain in the last several months. Susie usually has a good appetite. It is those rare occasions when she doesn't that worry me. Just curious about when you shoot? I was hoping you got some sleep last night after the final test. Is Darcy back to eating well now? Wish you a very nice Sunday for you and your boy.

4. Suzanne & Darcy

We did have a lot of rain earlier in the year, but according to our TV weather people, we now have a slight deficit in our rainfall totals. The rain has really tapered off. Every time they call for rain, it seems to fizzle out.

I shoot every day between 5:30 and 5:45 usually. I get up early every morning to go out and feed my feral cats because I like to feed them before sun up. Unfortunately for me, I am soon going to have to get up earlier because it's getting light so much earlier these days with the long summer days. Sometimes I am able to come home and sleep for another hour before getting back up to start my day ... but only on days where I don't have to leave the house in the early a.m.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

The AMPS could be food influenced or it could be a bounce from the blues. I hope Susie slides back down today.

6. Summer and Susie (GA)

Good for you for taking care of the ferals. Was Darcy originally a feral? Before daylight savings time I was getting up around 4:30 and shooting around 5:00. I'm glad I get the extra hour now. Super hard for me to go back to sleep after taking care of Susie at 6:00 am. I like to go to bed early but I don't see that happening anymore now that I need to get a test at least at a +3.

Pamela & Amethyst likes this.
  7. Summer and Susie (GA)

I guess I will find out soon enough if it is a bounce.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  8. Suzanne & Darcy

Hop
    Darcy was a foster failure! No way was I letting that boy go to the kind of people who wanted to adopt him.... sooo here he is ten years later! We all love him.

Hopefully, if you can shoot at 6 and get a +3 at 9 p.m., you can then go to bed!

9. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

10. Summer and Susie (GA)

How is Amethyst doing, Pamela?

11. Pamela & Amethyst

Hi Summer Thank you for asking:bighug::bighug::bighug: as long as I can afford to keep giving her the 7 medications for her eyes along with her pain medication and with alot of prayers she should be able to stay comfortable:cat::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh, Pamela. How much do all of the medications cost you on a monthly basis? Are they a lot? Meds can be soooo expensive. I'll pray for you and Amethyst. Is that really seven eye meds?

13. Pamela & Amethyst

Thank you Suzanne:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: How are you feeling? Her eye medications are $300 a month:cat:

14. Summer and Susie (GA)

I'm so sorry about all the expenses. That is so sad and so hard for you. At least her BG numbers look very good. I hope you can find some financial relief somewhere. Bless you and your Amethyst.

15. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Nice to see Susie came back down to blue . Have a nice day Summer :bighug::bighug:

16. Pamela & Amethyst

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh my. That is a huge amount!
    I am flabbergasted.

I’m resting now. Hope my back feels better soon.

18. Pamela & Amethyst

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Did you ever try THERMA CARE Wraps??? They are magnets in a wrap that stay heated for 8 hours They have the large wrap for Backs and smaller ones for neck and shoulders I have the smaller ones on my neck and shoulders 24/7/ because that is where I carry my stress I can not afford a massage