E-KC
Member Since 2026
Bitty has been approved to start Lantus. I was told to post here when I’m ready to start. I’m ready but lacking the supplies.
Vet said I can order from Chewy pharmacy. I’ll have to see if I can overnight it. Any other suggestions for where to buy it and the U100 syringes with half unit markings? (I’ll have to check the guide for the syringe vol/cc size.
I read Libby’s guide. Do y’all get the Lantus pens? She says dose is based on weight. His ideal weight before diabetes was 10 lb/4.53 kg. He is overweight for the first time in his 12 years and is currently lb/ kg.
I don’t know how to test for ketones (urine? blood
?). Does it have to be urine bec I rarely see him do it.
I don’t have a ketone meter but could purchase one. I could use recommendations for a good one, budget friendly preferred. I’d like to test my own ketones. Could we share a meter?
We are out of Vetsulin and don’t have the Lantus yet. I’m looking to see if I can find it local. My vet (Banfield) doesn’t have it. I’m thinking it would be best to get a vial of Vetsulin and continue it for a short time while I’m gathering supplies to start Lantus. Maybe I could donate the unused Vetsulin?
Vet said I can order from Chewy pharmacy. I’ll have to see if I can overnight it. Any other suggestions for where to buy it and the U100 syringes with half unit markings? (I’ll have to check the guide for the syringe vol/cc size.
I read Libby’s guide. Do y’all get the Lantus pens? She says dose is based on weight. His ideal weight before diabetes was 10 lb/4.53 kg. He is overweight for the first time in his 12 years and is currently lb/ kg.
I don’t know how to test for ketones (urine? blood
We are out of Vetsulin and don’t have the Lantus yet. I’m looking to see if I can find it local. My vet (Banfield) doesn’t have it. I’m thinking it would be best to get a vial of Vetsulin and continue it for a short time while I’m gathering supplies to start Lantus. Maybe I could donate the unused Vetsulin?