New Member, so so lost

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by DenaRox, Jun 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

Ah, I'm afraid this is a question I do not have the experience to answer definitively, so perhaps others will chime in. But based on what I've seen others post, this is probably one of those Every Cat Is Different things. Some cats are super sensitive to food, while others are less so. There is no formula to say how much one type of food will raise BG over a set time. Getting more tests and learning your cat's BG patterns is going to be the most helpful thing for you to understand what both the insulin and the food is doing for Juggie and for others on the forum to help you.

DenaRox likes this.
  2. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

Thanks so much for your responses. I always stress that I’m doing something wrong or putting him in danger somehow. My daughter and I tag teamed him with his fav snack as a distraction and then I did his paw so will definitely keep at it to get those BG numbers.

Librarianista likes this.
  3. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

It's a very rough start at the beginning. It gets easier. I promise. I was a wreck just a few months ago. I'm not an expert or anything, but experience is a great teacher and this place has fantastic resources, including the people!

Since this thread now has over 100 replies, I would suggest posting a new thread the next time you have a question. Since you're a Lantus user, you may also find the Lantus-specific message board useful: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/lantus-basaglar-glargine-and-levemir-detemir.9/

The protocol there is to create a new thread each day that links to your previous one. That way there's continuity if need be for ongoing issues, but none of the threads get overly long.

DenaRox likes this.
  4. DenaRox

DenaRox Member

thanks so much, I can’t even express my gratitude towards this forum and members ❤️ And thanks for the posting help, I will start a new post next time. Thanks again :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.