Minerva AMPS 21.5 (fur shot earlier this week)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Joy W, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Joy W

Joy W Member

Heading away for a wedding this weekend, first time since Minerva's diagnosis a year ago (almost exactly). We will be away for two doses. Couldn't find an experienced cat sitter anywhere, so friends have volunteered to be trained up to look after her. Has meant some variables this week as we train, and I haven't increased her dose as I probably should have under SLGS as not around to do a curve this weekend. Very anxious about the whole situation. Have arranged for them to give her a reduced dose for those two doses to make it easier for them to fill the syringe. Won't be able to run a curve for a fortnight after those two reduced doses either, so overall feeling anxious. Wish I was doing a better job for Minerva. Thankfully she is happy, bright eyed, playful with a great coat, but I know she could be even better.

And I still suck at doing this post daily as my life is just bananas.

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...77-10-284-pmps-286-3-292.260220/#post-2921720

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It's great that you have friends who can care for Minerva when you are away. 1U seems like a good dose - easy to measure.

If you can't do a curve after 7 days for some reason, you can do it a day or two late. You needn't wait another 7 days to do one. Unless you are working and weekends are the only times you can do a curve.

I am sure you doing the best you can for her and what is important is that she is happy and healthy and it looks she is. Like we say here, a cat is more than it's numbers. A lot of our members are not able to do daily posts, so that's fine too! :)

3. Joy W

Joy W Member

Thanks Bhooma :)

Yes I work and can only do curves on weekends. This weekend we're away for the wedding
    Next weekend I'm away for work, my partner is home so he will happily look after the preshot tests and injections, but he won't run a curve. So my next chance to do a curve is Saturday 9 April, which is frustrating. I likely would have adjusted her up this week based on her curve from last Sunday but with us going away and our friends learning and all the inconsistencies that will add, I thought it might make it even more bouncy for her to try and increase right now.

I'm so very appreciative of our friends. They came around again tonight and successfully injected her for the first time, it's a huge relief to have some back up and they've put so much effort in to learning. And we're only away 2 doses so even if it's 2 fur shots it's not the end of the world.

Thanks for your kind words Bhooma, so very very much appreciated.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

If you cannot do a curve, would it be possible to get spot checks every day? Say a test before bed and one before you leave for work? Or if your husband could get a test during the day?
    They are as useful as curves to give you an idea of how she is doing on a dose.

That way you needn't wait another 2 weeks to make dose changes.

5. Joy W

Joy W Member

Hi Bhooma, thank you so much for your suggestions. We are only up for an hour or so before leaving for work which is when we do her morning shot, and we usually don't get home much before her PM shot. I'm trying to get better at bedtime tests but I'm pretty exhausted and often forget, and we're only up to about +3. Unfortunately my partner isn't much help, he will do the standard tests when I'm away but not much else!

I've had a very rough month, and so has Minerva, and I desperately need to help her better, so I'm going to try to be in here more often. Thank you!