Yes to all of the above. She seems more engaged, plays, interacts, than just a few weeks ago. I'll read the modified method again; as I recall it's a matter of changing doses much more quickly in order to dial it in.
Tonight ketones at 1.2. Ugh. I gave her some tuna water to get some more liquids in, though I think she's drinking just fine, and ate heartily twice today. The only real change this week is I'm trying to get her food on the schedule suggested, which is no food between 3pm and 9pm. She used to eat around 5-6pm, now I feed her at 3 then hold until 9. She follows me around meowing for food all day long. Then when she finally gets some at 9 she's not eating as much. I'll check again in the morning but if they stay high I'll likely set up a vet visit to run blood tests. Does that sound right?