? Dose increase question

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Armani’s mom, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Armani’s mom

Armani’s mom Member

I am wondering if someone can advise how much I should increase Armani's dose? I am following TR and trying to make sure I don't hold a dose too long. Following advice here, he is at 5 units of Lantus, and it has been 4 cycles at this dose. Both nadirs were over 300, so I know I need to increase. Should I wait until 2 more shots to increase (so 6 cycles), and once I do, should I increase by .5? I read as the dose gets higher, increases get bigger because it is a percentage of the total dose, but I don't know when an increase would be one unit (and at what point would an increase be bigger than one unit?).

Thank you very much for your help!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, hold the dose for 6 cycles for now. And yes, on the 0.5 unit increase. Think of the increase as a percent of the total dose, you want around 10-15%. Typically that means going to 1 unit increases over 10 units total dose.

3. Armani’s mom

Armani’s mom Member

Thank you Wendy! I will stick with 6 cycles and .5 increases. Thank you so much for the assistance.