? BG still erratic, help needed please

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Georgiana & Perlutz, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

I can live with that! I think he knows he can get away with pretty much anything ;)

Georgiana & Perlutz likes this.
  2. Georgiana & Perlutz

Georgiana & Perlutz Member

Blue preshoot :D :D :D 8.3

I'll wait as much as he allows before re-testing :)

Kate & Toby likes this.
  3. Diana&Tom

Oh dear, I shouldn't laugh but I just knew he was going to do this around now... he seems to be either very up or very down!
    You know what to do... :)

4. Georgiana & Perlutz

I think you were right, he likes the attention he gets :D

5. Georgiana & Perlutz

And actually, I don't know what to do :joyful: 20 min later went down to 7.6 and HRH loudly and dramatically demanded dinner to be served... No idea how much to give... Linda @MrWorfMen's Mom ? :p

6. Diana&Tom

Not much of a drop really, though. My guess would be that he'll stay in the blues or maybe yellows for a while and then whatever dose you give him, will get the trampoline out... just because he can :(

7. Georgiana & Perlutz

This will be his trampoline once I find it!:D
    trampoline.jpg

8. Diana&Tom

Yes, well used to say the least!

9. Georgiana & Perlutz

10. Diana&Tom

World champion? Oh dear, Perlutz, you really should find another activity to amuse yourself and save your poor mama all the stress of wondering what to do next...

11. Kate & Toby

Kate & Toby Member

Oh Perlutz, you and Toby need to find a new type of party!

Attached Files:

12. Georgiana & Perlutz

Not Perlutz but the attitude is the same :D 63552929-505F-4D4E-9859-60E6D8EB4FED.jpeg

13. Diana&Tom

Very regal!

14. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

For some reason, I didn't get alerts for the last I don't know how many posts. :mad: SUffice to say, Perlutz has been up to his old tricks....keeping you on your toes. Don't be afraid to let him drop as low as 5mmol. He's in no danger at 7 to 8 and unless he's hungry, no need to feed him to bring numbers up. Just keep an eye on him when he gets that low and let him surf so he gets more used to those low numbers. The bouncing should lessen when he finally realizes those lower numbers are perfectly safe and feel good.

It's about time to start a new thread. This one is getting seriously long. ;)

15. Georgiana & Perlutz

Hi Linda :bighug:

The 7 from above was a preshot number, that’s why he got dinner (that and because otherwise I would’ve been skinned alive :joyful:).

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  16. Georgiana & Perlutz

Always wondered what floaties in insulin look like and I think I spotted one tonight :nailbiting: We’re running low anyway so I called the vet to order some. Just to be told they will need to check with the vet, as it needs to be prescribed. Politely explained that it’s an ongoing, recurring prescription as he is diabetic and he will need it for the rest of his life, most likely. That didn’t cut it either. I was told it’s because the vet needs to see the patient regularly. Again, politely explained that he’s been seen about 3 weeks ago and he’s not due another check up until end of this month. Nothing! They will check with the vet and they will “probably order within the next couple of days’. Again, politely explained we are low, insulin might not be good anymore, we need it asap, explained I never had to order it it advance, it was always straight forward and got a new vial in 2 days max. Nothing! They will check with the vet and call me.

Now knowing them, they are terrible at getting back to you so I will have to call back tomorrow, maybe try to go there in person (had to cancel a doctor’s app for myself as I don’t have time to go, could’ve gone without a useless visit in person just to order something). If I don’t show up on the forum in the next few days, it’s probably because I’ve punched someone in the face :blackeye::banghead: (I’ve had a hell of a week, chances of this happening are high lol).

Have I had it easy with ordering insulin before and is this the actual process? :eek:

17. Kate & Toby

Kate & Toby Member

Awww Georgiana sorry to hear you're having a rubbish week. At least its Friday tomorrow.

Vet receptionist sounds a nightmare, I've not had this trouble I just admit, i agree just keep phoning. Have you noticed a difference in the effectiveness of the insulin? I'm not sure I'd even see floaters in my prozinc as it's so milky.

Hope you manage to chill out tonight x

18. Diana&Tom

Grrrrrrrrrrrr this can't be right... surely it says on Perlutz's notes that he is an insulin-dependent diabetic, and there are no recent notes to say he doesn't need the prescription any longer? Could be a new (or dim) receptionist or very junior vet nurse who isn't able to agree to anything without vet's approval. Or maybe procedures have changed, who knows. In any case, if you need a new vial quickly, you could call first thing tomorrow and ask to speak to a vet?

I hope you get through the week without getting into a fight but I wouldn't blame you if you did!

19. Georgiana & Perlutz

@Kate & Toby
    I didn’t think I’d spot them if there were any, but I’m pretty certain there’s at least 1 in there now... As for how effective the insulin still is, bit hard to say whether it’s the insulin or Perlutz’s antics :p

@Diana&Tom It could be their relatively new receptionist (still at least about couple of months since she started there) as the other 2 usually either recognize my voice :woot: or know who I am as soon as I mention Perlutz’s name. Today I’ve had to phonetically spell my surname and Perlutz’s name about 5-6 times :D (my surname is not even the mouthful my name is haha). Still, ridiculous attitude, she could’ve asked a vet tonight if she wanted to be helpful.

Will keep you posted tomorrow (I will probably not be able to punch someone even if I want to, I’ve strained my wrist somehow :rolleyes:)

20. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Georgiana I just call my vet and just go pick it up, they will check with my vet, but never had a problem, Since Perlutz was just there 3 weeks ago just be persistent and call back and have the vet call you, or tell who ever answers the phone tell them to ask the vet today and OK it. That is ridiculous

21. Diana&Tom

Oh dear, definitely dim receptionist, not good enough, shouldn't be assigned to taking calls from clients if she doesn't understand how things work.

22. Georgiana & Perlutz

It’s been 10 months of diabetes, we’ve been through 8-9 vials of ProZinc from this particular vet (this is the longest time we’ve used 1 vial). It’s always been so easy, quick call “hello, I need to order a new vial of Prozinc” “yes, of course, it will be ready to collect tomorrow/day after tomorrow”. I called at 6 and they shut at 8, a vet was still there to approve it, being told it will take a couple of days to get it approved and ordered just seems silly. And to be told that he needs to be seen by a vet regularly ha! 3 weeks ago is really not a long time, I wish diabetes would just go away in 3 weeks so we don’t need a new vial of insulin!

23. Diana&Tom

Sigh... you really don't need this knd of hassle, do you. Sometimes in a situation like this, when I'm in real Mrs Grumpy mode, I go straight to the top of the organisation and make a very calm, polite but firm point - it usually works as the big cheese doesn't want to get into an argument, and will be very conciliatory. Really - you're paying these people's wages and you can expect a better service than this.

24. Georgiana & Perlutz

Our vet is part of one of the very big chains here in UK and our vet owns this practice. To be honest, I doubt the vet or the big chain would take any interest in this.

I've just called them again this morning and insulin will supposedly be ready for collection tomorrow. No questions this time, although there was a sigh on the other line when I said what I'm calling for and I was put on hold so it could have been the same lady as yesterday :D I really need a new vet!

Kate & Toby likes this.
  25. Diana&Tom

Yes you do need a new vet! I know it's tricky but keep looking/asking!

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  26. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hey Georgiana glad you are getting the insulin tomorrow, I know you probably don't want to ruffle their feathers, but when someone sort of seems annoyed if I call too much I will play dumb and say to them gee you seem like I am annoying you when I call and ask about the insulin, is there a problem. I just can't let it go when a receptionist acts like that

Diana&Tom likes this.
  27. Diana&Tom

I couldn't let it go either... some people seem to think they are superior to us for some reason, or want to use what little bit of power they have... don't let them get the better of you!

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  28. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hey Diana I like the way you think lol I just can't let people get away with things, its the Italian in me Sicilian lol, but really like you said they think they are superior, come on all they do is answer a phone

29. Diana&Tom

Haha... I think you and I should get the number of Georgiana's vet and order the insulin for her! No nonsense accepted!

30. Diane Tyler's Mom

Lol count me in

Diana&Tom likes this.
  31. Georgiana & Perlutz

Just a little update - we did get the insulin on Saturday, no punching involved :D

Perlutz is in mid to high 20's and we've been terrible at extra testing and updating the SS... Bf caught a cold last week, gave it to me and now he is better but mine turned into sinusitis and I'm signed off work, on antibiotics, with a swollen face, feeling sh*t! :facepalm:

I don't know if he needs an increased dose and I'm wary to do so when I can't really test much but as soon as I get over this, I'll get back to being more hands on and hopefully get those numbers down a little!

32. Diana&Tom

Hey Georgiana, I was only thinking of you this morning and here you are! Sorry to hear you're poorly, the only thing for it is to curl up with films/books/chocolate until you get better. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon.

Maybe now's the time to start a new thread, as Linda suggested a week or so ago... people can always refer to previous ones if need be, but an up to date heading and questions about dosing might attract a few new eyes.

Get well soon!