9/14, Susie, 120 AMPS

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summer and Susie (GA), Sep 14, 2021.

1. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-13-susie-126-amps-98-2-69-3.252891/#post-2853256

NOT an AMPS I would want to see this morning. :arghh: I have to leave just before her +3 so will test a little earlier, feed and cross my fingers. She may go up after AMPS and I might not need to worry. Will get a +2 and the +3 and feed appropriately based on her number.

On another note, Susie never went under my bed yesterday. She was out and about and being social. This makes me happy. I guess she was just having an "off" day when she hid all afternoon under my bed. Lots of interesting stories about the tight (and unusual) places kitties can get in to. :eek:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Diane, your story "takes the cake". How scary. I'm so glad you heard little Perry crying. You both had angels on your shoulders that day.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  3. Summer and Susie (GA)

Hi Andrea. Sorry to hear your Oscar was hiding too. Makes it so frustrating when you need to test.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

You may need to feed some MC food to keep Susie surfing while you're out. You may want to get a +1.

5. Summer and Susie (GA)

I skipped the +1 because it seems to always be food influenced. I'll be getting her +2 in about 20 minutes and will certainly be prepared with m/c and/or h/c.

6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Susie surfs while you are gone. I'm sure you will be anxious to check when you get home.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  7. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning Summer. Right before I had to leave for my appointment yesterday, Dolly dropped to 53 :arghh:. Rob was not feeling good and sleeping but I had to wake him to let him know what was going on. Why do these kitties do this :rolleyes: Sorry I haven't been in touch, I always check Susie's SS but was dealing with "issues" :nailbiting: about fraud that took most of the other day. Congrats on another decrease. :joyful: Dolly has decided to follow in Susie's footsteps and bounce every time she goes low, not even under 50, so frustrating, never did this before. I hope the doctor's appt goes well, is it for you or your mom? Hope Susie behaves herself. Surf safely Susie. Take good care all of you.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Summer and Susie (GA)

Hi Adrienne. Please don't ever feel like you must check in on me. I know we all have life issues to deal with. I'm sorry Dolly worried you like that with the 53 and I hope Rob is feeling better now. I hope your appt. went well, too. Fraud? Oh gosh. That is really scary. I hope everything can be straightened out quickly. I was worried about leaving for my doctor appt. this morning but it turns out I had nothing to worry about. Susie is bouncing big time and I think the next time I check her she will be pink :arghh: I don't see where Dolly is bouncing badly. A mid level blue is not like getting a pink or lots of high yellows. You know your kitty better than anyone and if you have concerns then I totally understand. It is always good to hear from you. I hope today is going better for you, Adrienne. :bighug: Thank you for checking in on us.

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  9. Summer and Susie (GA)

Susie is surfing today. Right up in to the stratosphere :arghh:

10. Jessica A

Jessica A Member

Sorry for the bounce, Summer -- I know I really hate when Callie starts to shoot up -- but hoping Susie doesn't go up too far or for too long. Most importantly, I'm so glad she stayed safe while you were gone. :cat:

11. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Jessica. I'm a little worried about her today. She didn't eat all her breakfast or the two other meals I put down for her. It is a food she likes. I'll have to keep a close eye on her.

Jessica A likes this.
  12. Jessica A

Jessica A Member

I hope she's okay and just being unusually picky. It is so hard to know when they act a little "off" if something is wrong or if they are just keeping us on our toes. Thinking about you both. Keep us posted on how she's doing. :bighug:

13. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start surf safely Susie. Have a great day Summer

14. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

I'm sorry you're bouncing and I hope your appointment went well today.

15. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I see Susie doesn't like being in yellows if she's acting off in those numbers.

May I suggest perhaps to fatten up that 1u dose? Try to pull down the numbers so they level out a bit? I don't like how the ss is looking now. My thinking for this instead of a full 0.25u increase is the last time you fattened up the dose and held for a few days, it helped Susie level out more. Remember, you hold the syringe so it's your decision.

16. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Afternoon Summer , I hope Susie clears the bounce soon. I hope everything went OK at the doctor visit :bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Hope the Dr, visit went well:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Feel better pretty little girl:cat:

18. Summer and Susie (GA)

Today has been a real struggle. Not just with her numbers, which I can live with for a day, but it has been her inappetence. She has not been eating like she always does. She has left so much of her meals behind. I did get her to eat a little at +9 (am) but at PMPS she was not interested until I put some powder left over from a PureBites Salmon treat bag on her food. Then she started to eat. I hope she will have finished it. I have absolutely no idea why she is not eating. She was doing amazingly well yesterday. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on her. I would like to think that the high numbers are making her uncomfortable but I always heard the high BG numbers will make them more hungry. Just crossing my fingers on this and will watch her tonight and tomorrow.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  19. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Hi Summer. What were Susie's numbers when she was hiding under the bed? I remember Wendy saying that Neko hid under the bed when she was in greens (and not used to them) but was playful and happy in yellows!

20. Suzanne & Darcy

If Susie is bouncing, I really don't see what she is bouncing from ... most recent lowest numbers have only been blue (yesterday).

At least she's not dropping low at the same time she's not interested in food. I hate it when they won't eat. It starts me worrying. But usually, they start eating again the next day (after worrying us).

21. Summer and Susie (GA)

Hi Suzanne. Susie's numbers had been yellow when she was hiding underneath the bed. I don't know what you are looking at but Susie dropped into the greens yesterday. As low as 69 so I do think this was a bit of a bounce. At this point, I don't care about the bouncing. I just wanted her to eat. She recently just came out from my bedroom and was feeling/acting better. I checked her food bowl and she had made a good dent in it so I am feeling a little more opptomistic. As always, my biggest concern will always be that she has an appetite.

22. Suzanne & Darcy

Okay, yes. I see that she was green yesterday for several hours... maybe the bounce began after that... it seems like a long climb for her after the nice run of greens. I think I had too many spreadsheets up at one time and clicked on the wrong one! Or maybe I need to get glasses! :)

23. Summer and Susie (GA)

It is okay. I will hope that she will get her appetite back tomorrow. Thanks for checking in.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  24. Suzanne & Darcy

It sounds like her appetite may be picking up a little bit already! Paws crossed for a hungry kitty tomorrow!

25. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Hungry prayers and hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

26. Summer and Susie (GA)

Susie just dropped to 105 at +2 (pm) . What a big difference I have see today with her numbers. Right now, I am going to try to get her to eat m/c or h/c. I just cannot believe this drop tonight.

27. Diane Tyler's Mom

Summer I hope Susie wakes up tomorrow hungry and eats all her food. Come on Susie don't make us worry :bighug::bighug:

28. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Diane. This is kind of freaking me out. She has been so high this afternoon and now I don't think I can go to bed with her at 61. She did eat half of her h/c food a little while ago but I'm just flat-out tired and was hoping to sleep tonight. It is 9:42 pm right now so I'm going to lie down and set my alarm for 11:45. I just can't figure out this cat today with the extreme highs and now the extreme low.

29. Diane Tyler's Mom

Yep I think you'll have to set the alarm. Hang in there hopefully you'll see all blue and high green tomorrow I'm glad she ate something :bighug::bighug: