5/29 Pearl PMPS 84

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Margaret (and Pearl), May 29, 2021.

1. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Good morning! So far so good on Pearl's new reduced dose. I am so scared to acknowledge it I don't want to jinx myself!

She has been pretty needy the past few days and not eating well. Can't account for it with Pancreatitis since her BG numbers are really good and her hydration is also good. I've had to put her back in her "house" to get her to eat and hold the food bowl in my hands. If either of those 2 things aren't done, she just stares at me and won't eat. Maybe it's a reaction to me being out of the house more, I don't know.

And there is 0% chance she is going back to eat her 0% food. She is having none of it. I am hoping when the Ziwipeak Venison gets here it will be an easy transition for her.

Surf safely kitties.

Yesterday's post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-28-pearl-amps-79-3-25-77.247918/#post-2796388

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers. I hope Pearl eats better for you. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Margaret (and Pearl) likes this.
  3. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry she is not eating well. Her numbers look good. Hoping she gets to feeling better very soon.

4. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Sending eating vines to Pearl. Butters gives Ziwipeak Venison 5 toe beans out of 5! Hopefully Pearl will enjoy it just as much.

5. Margaret (and Pearl)

Oh thank you Butters! :) I'm so happy to hear this, Lyla. I am a little nervous because there is some mussels in the recipe. But the Ziwipeak is the only Lamb, Beef, or Venison I could find that is 3% and doesn't have something like tuna or other fishes or fish juice in it. Pearl reacts to those (IBD), so I hope the fact that the mussels are listed way down on the ingredients is ok wtih her, and the fact that it's from Australia so she has probably never been exposed to these mussels before.

6. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thank you Summer!

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  7. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Fingers and paws are crossed here that she is fine with the green lipped mussels. Oh and Lamb and Beef also get 5/5. Lamb is her absolute fave (so, uh, maybe that one gets 5.5/5), with beef right behind it and venison right behind beef. I don't give it to her often anymore because she gets a lower phosphorus homemade diet now, but I still keep some on hand because she will reliably eat it. She never liked the chicken flavour.

I don't know if you can get Feline Natural canned food where you are, but that is another similar brand that Butters loves and it also only uses green lipped mussels and is also from New Zealand. It has a different texture and is a little wetter than Ziwi. I never did figure out the exact percentage carbs, though. It's not on Dr. Lisa's food chart.

8. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thank you! If I could get Pearl to tolerate a little higher carbs, I would have honestly preferred to get the Beef or Lamb. Maybe I can see if she eats the Venison, then try a mix which might bring the carbs up to 4.5% (if I dare).

I have never looked for Feline Natural, but I can check into it! Thanks!

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Nice numbers Margaret, I hope Pearl starts eating better for you and that she will like the new food you ordered :bighug::cat:

10. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Congrats :bighug:! Hope the new food works out well & she dives right into it for you!

11. Margaret (and Pearl)