3/2 Phoenix +9 51BG I need help !!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Scdal, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Scdal

Scdal Member

@Bandit'sMom
    @MargieandGrace
    Could someone please check Phoenix's spreadsheet. This morning AMPS was 124
    +1 252
    I didn't check Phoenix's BG again until lunchtime which was +6 108.
    I fed him and checked an hour later. His BG always goes up after he eats, but not this time
    +6.5 81
    +7 84
    +7.5 65
    +8 70
    +8.5 54
    +8.75 51
    +9 83
    I am scared to even give his insulin with him being so low all day. He has always gone up after eating. Phoenix is currently getting 9 units. Should I reduce his dose tonight or skip. Please help !!!

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hi Susan - I'm not sure for your dosing but I can see the tag for @Marje and Gracie didn't go through. I think @Wendy&Neko has given dose advice too? Perhaps one of them will stop by before your shot time :bighug:

With that said, those are some beautiful greens today :bighug:

3. Scdal

Scdal Member

BUMP

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Since you are following SLGS now, you reduce the dose when he goes under 90, like he did today. His new dose is 8.5 units. One option for you tonight is to shoot 1/2 his dose, so more like 4.5 units, to help drain the depot.

5. Scdal

Scdal Member

Phoenix is on TR. His + 11 has dropped to 77. His insulin is due in 20 minutes.

6. Wendy&Neko

In your last post here, you were feeding some dry food, which means following SLGS.

With TR, you would shoot the full dose. One thing you can try doing, is stall for an extra half hour without feeding, to see if he comes up where you are more comfortable shooting.

7. Scdal

Scdal Member

I DON'T FEED HIM DRY FOOD I only gave him dry food 1 time when his BG went down in the 30's . He has been on a raw diet ever since he was a baby.

8. Scdal

Scdal Member

BUMP

9. Scdal

Scdal Member

BUMP

10. Wendy&Neko

Looks like you stalled and he rose and you still gave half dose. You've stalled before and given the full dose. The half dose recommendation was only if you were following SLGS and he earned a reduction. His dose tomorrow will still be 9.0 units if you are following TR.

11. Scdal

Scdal Member

He rose because I fed him. I couldn't get a straight answer as to what to do. Phoenix's PMPS was 75. I fed him and it rose to 94 BG forty five minutes later.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  12. Wendy&Neko

Did you shoot at 75 or 94? If you shot at 94, then that was his PMPS and his +12 was 75.