3/17 - Alphyne AMPS @ 311 / +2 @ 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bobjoh, Mar 17, 2023.

1. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

previous

Well, we are going to have an active morning. Raised her dose to 4.25 U, and she looks to be headed for a crash.

No worries, we've done this multiple times, and have a good plan in place. Her nadir is (usually) at around +5, so hopefully we can feed our way out of it. Reduction is below 80, so we are ok for now.

My question is this...9 times out of 10, she crashes, and then crashes again a day or two later. Still working off the previous depot, I assume. Maybe that's the problem? Maybe I shouldn't be reducing her dose after the second crash? She's never been able to stay in good numbers, and the two crashes seem to be a pattern.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

This is probably a silly question but does she eat at +1? Have you tried feeding slightly higher lc then or even a tad of mc?

bobjoh likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I echo what Elise said. Also, you could try getting a +1 and/or +1.5 in some cycles to see if he has an early onset and feed accordingly.
    He is definitely keeping you on your toes. That is quite an Olympian-level dive this morning!

bobjoh likes this.
  4. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

I'm usually sleeping at +1 in the AM (it's iffy...I haven't slept well since we started this journey). ;)

But I fed her MC at +2 and also at +3, since her numbers were still dropping.

She's in the blues now. I expect a bounce after the lows this morning. She bounces a lot.

We'll see what happens in the next few doses. In the past, a big drop like that meant she would crash soon. But, she's gone up quite a few units in the past several months without a crash, so maybe she's finally leveling out. Fingers crossed!

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Feeding at +1.5 or +2 is too late. You want to stop the huge drops as they will cause a bounce. and it’s too late to stop the big drop. Will she eat from an auto feeder?

6. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

I have four cats, so no guarantee that she will get any of the food if I put it in an auto feeder.

She hasn't had a drop like that in a really long time, so this was quite unexpected. She will definitely bounce after this, so I can try feeding at +1 in a couple of days.

7. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

She didnt bounce, so I'll try feeding at +1 tonight.

8. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

Oops...I spoke too soon. I took a +1 and now she's bouncing. ;)

Bandit's Mom likes this.