10/22 Vinnie amps 314; +3.5 301

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom

Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom Member

Yesterday's Post

Dropped the dose last night from 1u to 0.75u due to nadir < 90 (SLGS method; he dropped to 83 yesterday). PMPS was 289 and +3 after the reduced dose stayed high at 284. Already gave him his am 0.75u dose this morning, but I'm wondering if I can split the difference with the drop? Instead of going all the way down to 0.75, maybe do a skinny 1u? or a fat 0.75?

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

We don't skinny or fatten doses with SLGS. Even with TR, one gets around to skinnying and fattening doses only when a cat goes between 2 dose repeatedly and it seems like the ideal dose would be one in between.

He is bouncing from the lows he saw yesterday. It is hard to see those higher numbers after that beautiful cycle yesterday! :)

3. Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom

Thank you! I guess I really have to be patient, but it is so hard!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It is! :)

When you get comfortable with lower numbers, you can switch to TR, I read your previous post about losing a cat to hypoglycemia, so I can understand.

Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom likes this.
  5. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers yesterday, Vinnie's Mom. Hope he breaks the bounce soon. Would you mind giving us just your first name? It is easier to address you.

6. Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom

Sure, it's Arloa.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  7. Summer and Susie (GA)

Beautiful and very different name. If you can put it in your "signature" then folks can address you personally. It is, of course, completely up to you. It helps our correspondence to be more personal. Nice to meet you, Arloa, and welcome to you and your Vinnie Van Gogh, to this site. Bandit's Mom (Bhooma) is the best. You are lucky to have her looking after you and your Vinnie.

8. Vinnie Van Gogh's Mom

Thank you! @tiffmaxee has been super helpful too. As has everyone!

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  9. Summer and Susie (GA)

I'm glad you added your name. Yes, @tiffmaxee had always been a wonderful support to me, too. You will make many friends on this site. All hoping to advise and support you.

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Patience pants get passed around a lot here. With SLGS unlike TR there’s no such thing as a failed reduction either. So you hold the new dose 7 days. :bighug: