10/18 Sunny PMPS 114, +1 173, +2 149

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Holly and Sunny Bear, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Holly and Sunny Bear

Holly and Sunny Bear Member

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

She sure likes to bounce!

Holly and Sunny Bear likes this.
  3. Holly and Sunny Bear

My goodness yes! I was just looking at the other threads and it seems Sunny wins the award for highest AMPS today again. I wish he would just simmer down. Jheesh:arghh:

4. Holly and Sunny Bear

Is there anything else I can do to help mellow the bouncing? Like feeding at certain times or something like that?

5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how you currently do it, but you could feed small ish amount at PS, then if +2 or 3 is showing a big drop (like the 14th and 16th) feed bigger chunks to slow that drop. He seems to do much better (meaning comes back up to low 300s or lower) with the nice gradual drops. But not sure how flexible your schedule is, if you're home, etc

6. Holly and Sunny Bear

I'll try that! Thank you. I work from home so I am his servant all day and night. :)

FrostD likes this.
  7. Holly and Sunny Bear

Stalling - Sunny's at his lowest number of the day at 114 at PMPS. He was at 148 at +11 an hour ago.
    He's starving so I hate to stall

8. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hi Holly,

It looks like Sunny's been sliding down all day. He will likely continue to go down. 114 is a safe number to shoot, as long as you have MC and HC on hand. Wonderful thing about Lantus is that it doesn't take effect for another 2-3 hours, so you can feed some MC to keep him afloat.

I am only going to be awake for another hour, so I will tag @tiffmaxee and @Bandit's Mom to help you out in case you need it.

9. Holly and Sunny Bear

I haven't shot yet. I tried giving him some of his mc food and he won't eat it. The last couple of times he went low (into the 40s) he vomited what i gave him to eat so now I think he associates those higher carb foods with nausea. So I don't know if I could rescue him with food tonight if he needed it. It would have to be karo syrup and or dry food. I know he'll eat the dry food (his brothers food). Last time he went low I had trouble bringing him up because of this. Uggh

10. Holly and Sunny Bear

I went shopping for some other high carb foods but he won't eat those either. Need to try some other brands

11. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Can you mix some to make a pseudo-MC? Would he eat that?

12. Holly and Sunny Bear

Actually..... just got him to eat some hc royal canin digest sensitive chunks in Gravy which i think is 20%. I think I'm comfortable to shoot now

13. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Fly me to the moon lol hopefully it works out!

14. Holly and Sunny Bear

Oh good idea! Sorry didn't see this

15. Holly and Sunny Bear

Hopefully not! :eek: I gave him only a little hc and then some of his usual lc.:) hope we don't have a wild night. Need sleepy! o_O

16. Holly and Sunny Bear

Went ahead and shot 2u at +13

17. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Please fill in your spreadsheet when you have moment, Holly. I'm glad you shot. :) We want Sunny to be seeing some green numbers. Hopefully the food will keep him afloat. Do test at +1 and +2, and if you can wait until +2 to feed him again. Try not to feed him too much because you want to keep him hungry in case he starts falling too fast or too low.

18. Holly and Sunny Bear

Sorry! It's updated now. I will do that - test at +1 and +2 and feed a small amount at +2 :)

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  19. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Did he get food in the second part of the AM cycle? That would have slowed him down a bit. Like Katherine said, sometimes numbers can continue to fall if there has been no food on board for a while. You have shot greens before. With TR you can shoot any number over 50 - provided you can monitor.

Am around. Will watch out for your +1 and +2. :)

20. Holly and Sunny Bear

Yes I fed him at +3 and +7 and +9 this AM cycle. I generally feed him every few hours.

I'm a little gun shy now bc last time he went low on the 16th, he vomited everything i tried to feed him to bring his numbers back up, and I'm worried about that happening again. That's why I was hesitant tonight I think

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  21. Holly and Sunny Bear

He's 173 now @ +1

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  22. Bandit's Mom

So far so good. Let's see the +2.

Btw, could you add the +1 to your title and remove the stalling? Thanks! :)

23. Holly and Sunny Bear

Oh yes! I always forget to do that. Thanks Bhooma

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  24. Holly and Sunny Bear

Ok he is now 149 @ +2.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  25. Bandit's Mom

You didn't need to feed MC. Higher carbs are typically reserved for much lower numbers.

26. Holly and Sunny Bear

I know I just have this feeling he's going to nosedive tonight as he's not normally this low at only +2. It seems like once we get into the dive, he becomes nauseous and then I can't easily get him under control.