1/21 Max AMPS 73,70 +2 97

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Max & Lori, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

I’m doing my best to take care of Max. Of course, he would do this to me when I am so sick…anyway, as much as I have wanted to see this green AMPS, I had to give the BCS. I’m still really sick but didn’t want to skip his dose. I’m sure his depot is messed up because of my reductions. Thank you for all of your kind words and prayers, this COVID is no joke. If anyone has any better advice than what I’m doing for Max while I’m sick, just let me know. I will try and check back later. Thanks again. Previous https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-19-max-pmps-171.258105/#post-2902928

Rainbow Conti likes this.
  2. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

Feel better you're doing great! :bighug::bighug:

Max & Lori likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Feel better!:bighug:

Max & Lori likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Take care of you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

For Max, I'd suggest taking his dose down to 8.5 units and trying to keep it there. I understand the BCS today, but hopping around doses makes it much harder to figure out what to do next. I'd rather you find a lower dose you can give consistently, then increase later if you need to.

Max & Lori likes this.
  5. Max & Lori

Thanks Wendy. I understand. I appreciate your advice. I should have asked before intervening. I know I’ve messed him up, but in the moment I tried to do what I felt comfortable with and then honestly I’m so foggy brained right now it’s hard to think straight. I will go back to 8.5 for now.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

No worries, I'm hoping keeping it simple with just doing a lower dose means you don't have to think much about dosing until you are better.

Max & Lori likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Max & Lori likes this.
  8. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Oh, Lori, I am so sad that you are still so sick! You are doing great. I know you will drag yourself out of bed if you need to to take care of Max! But I hope with the reduced dose he will ride a little higher while you recuperate. It’s just amazing how well Max is doing. Something is REALLY happening! But he’s heading in that direction and a few crazy doses is not going to stop him. He may go higher for a while, but overall he is headed down. It’s what you have been waiting for! But I am worried about you! Please let us know how you are. I will pray for your return to health.

Max & Lori likes this.
  9. Max & Lori

Thank you sweet Suzanne. Max is doing so well and I’m so happy about that! Yes, this COVID has been a nightmare, but I am finally starting to feel better this morning. I posted a new condo for this morning as well.