? 06-10 Panzer PMPS 265/271@+4 Dose increase? Food switch?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chrispooky12, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

Panzer's #s are still pretty high, but the poor boy just can't get over being sick. Should I increase his dose @ AMPS to 1.5 units? We have an appointment with a new vet on Tuesday. I haven't told my old vet that we are switching yet because I want to see if this vet is going to be on the same page with me making most if not all decisions about Panzer's needs.

Good news Panzer & Spooks stools both came back negative for garditis, so that's one less thing I have to worry about & one less stress on there poor little bodies. They both have to have mirtaz on there ear & as of today they are both on Cerenia. Spook was doing well with eating until yesterday,so I called the vet & went & got him some Cerenia.

I'm really not sure what's going on with them. Could they both have pancreatitis? I know cats are good at hiding pain but would they be comfortably sleeping on there backs if they were in pain? I'm not saying they always sleep like that but they both have in the past couple of days. Panzer sometimes will hide under the couch or bed for about 10mins after eating. They both sometimes sit in the,meatloaf position, they also lay in normal position,there both also doing the 5 Ps. I also thought maybe it's the fancy feast that is making them sick? How will I really know though since there both having mirtaz on there ear & there both on Cerenia? I'm really at a loss of what to do? Any feedback, advice, help on what to do for my poor sick boys would be much appreciated.

Thoughts on low carb low phosphorus foods beside weruva? I have a list but there's some that there all only 2 or 3 flavors that are both low carb & low phosphorus (trying to stay away from fish) Here's my list:

Dave's naturally healthy grain free 1 Turkey & giblets 2 beef & chicken
    Halo spots pate 1 Turkey & duck 2 halo impulse rabbit
    I & I love you 1 wholly cow
    Natures logic 1 duck & salmon(not crazy about the salmon) 2 beef
    Organix 1 Turkey pate 2 chicken pate 3 chicken & chicken liver
    Tiki cat 1 molokai luau 2 puka puk luau chicken 3 koolina luau 4 gourmet carnivore beef & liver 5 beef liver lamb 6 chicken with duck 7 gourmet carnivore chicken & turkey
    Wellness complete health 1 chicken 2 turkey
    Whole earth farms grain free 1 duck pate
    Sheba perfect portion pates
    Soulistic moist & tender 1 turkey
    Soulistic pate & shreds 1 chicken
    Soulistic original cans 1 double happiness 2 aromatic chicken
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...3-vet-visit-about-bathing-300-4-287-7.263713/

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    Reason for edit: More to add
  2. Chrispooky12

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Soulistic is good but very low cal. Max only liked the hc pouches. He ate Daves pretty well and it’s low carb low phosphorus or at least it was when I bought it. I think you are good to increase. I think it’s very hard to find food that works for both kidney and fd. :bighug:

Suzanne & Darcy and Chrispooky12 like this.
  4. Chrispooky12

Okay thank you. Yes it is very hard to find food for both, it's very frustrating!

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Where can you buy Soulistic? I looked for it on Chewy just the other day, and they don’t sell it. My list says that some of the Soulistic flavors are equivalent to certain Weruva flavors.

Chrispooky12 and Angela & Cleo like this.
  7. Suzanne & Darcy

I fed my cats Dave’s Turkey and Giblets pate for years. I am not sure they were really wild about it, but they ate it.

Chrispooky12 and Angela & Cleo like this.
  8. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

Soulistic is a subsidiary of Weruva sold exclusively in Petco stores. If you go to their website https://www.soulisticpet.com/nutrition-info-all you will find all the flavors nutritional info on ME, as fed and DMB basis. :)
    My Cleo loves the original flavors...of course those are mostly medium to high carb :rolleyes:. We keep these on hand for other carb options when/if necessary.
    We never tried the Pates.

Suzanne & Darcy and Chrispooky12 like this.
  9. Chrispooky12

From what I've seen they have it at petco. I have to go to the big city because we don't have one in the town I live in but I'm fine with that. I could order online but I don't want to buy in bulk if they don't like it.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  10. Chrispooky12

I like that one as well. My fear on both of them is there aren't very many flavors of them in the pate. They both have fish flavors but I'm trying to stay away from those. They liked the salmon feast at first than completely turned up there noses. I have a case of it unopened fancy feast that chewy gave me a credit on & told me to donate it.

11. Chrispooky12

Wow I didn't know they were a subsidiary of weruva. I have several different cans of weruva pate that I'm going to try & give them as well. My fear is that since they are both on an appetite stimulate & Cerenia that they will like anything right now! I have to buy something today though. I'm really low on Fancy feast unless I open the box with 3 cases of it. Thank you for the link, I will definitely be looking at it first.

12. Chrispooky12

What do you feed Cleo?

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  13. Suzanne & Darcy

I try to avoid fish as well - only once in a while do I allow it. Don’t most Friskies pates have fish in them?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  14. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh, so it’s Petco. I don’t have Petco near me - only PetsMart. But I feed a lot of the Weruva BFF pate flavors to my cats - especially the older cats. The phosphorus is so much lower in those than a lot of other foods.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  15. Chrispooky12

I don't know about Friskies but I did notice the beef fancy feast has fish in it as an ingredient. Before they stopped eating fancy feast altogether without Mirataz & Cerenia they loved the beef flavor.

16. Suzanne & Darcy

I’m glad you increased his dose this morning. I’m hoping to see more blues and greens.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  17. Angela & Cleo

Currently she's on Ziwi peak pates which are super expensive but we had to give it a try because at the beginning of her FD journey most commercial pates and the Purina DM pate kept giving her bouts of diarrhea. We assumed it had to be the ingredients in the commercial diets. We switched to Ziwi peak pates which she took too splendidly.
    Prior to dx she was a mix of wet and dry. The wet was Soulistic which she loved as long as it was the original recipe...too high in carbs though. I never gave her the soulistic pate. She used to always turn her nose at pates. The ziwipeak pates she loves so we don't eat out so Cleo can have her food :rolleyes:

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  18. Chrispooky12

Me too :cat:

19. Chrispooky12

The things we do for our babies :bighug:

20. Chrispooky12

I haven't given up completely on weruva. I have several cans to try.

21. Chrispooky12

Panzer & Spook had there first fancy feast/weruva mix. I did half of a 3oz can of weruva BFF play chicken & beef & 3/4 of a can of beef fancy feast divided between the 2 of them. They licked there bowls clean:cat: hopefully it will go as well for the next feeding!

22. Angela & Cleo

Keeping all fingers and toes crossed!

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  23. Chrispooky12

Keep them crossed! They cleaned there bowls again!:bighug:

24. Angela & Cleo

It never ceases to amaze me how our furbabies know when food/water isn't quite right.

:bighug::bighug::bighug: keeping everything crossed!!!

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  25. Chrispooky12

Panzer & Spook have eaten all of there meals today with fancy feast beef & BFF chicken & beef best buds weruva mixed. They have licked there bowls clean!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

26. Suzanne & Darcy

This is great, Christina!! Love it!

Chrispooky12 likes this.