Young Again kibble

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by A Fae, Jul 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fae

A Fae Member

I had a recommendation for Young Again kibble as it is <1% carb dry matter. They are sending a sample. Pre-diabetes Ben always had kibble overnight. I've noticed high BG overnight til he gets AM feeding. I leave wet overnight he doesn't touch I assume because it's not fresh. I wanted to get kibble for his early morn feed.
    Has anyone used Young Again? I know it's pricey but they eat less and if only a few Tspoons/night shouldn't break the bank. We have over 2 1/2 months of cans on hand now mixed foods Ben will eat.
    $32/4#
    https://www.youngagainpetfood.com/products/zero-mature-health

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I hope you ordered the zero carb variety (it's not really zero carbs -- it'e probably closer to 5%). There are a lot of people who use YA. Be sure to transition. Some cats end up with diarrhea if you switch over too quickly.

A Fae likes this.
  3. A Fae

A Fae Member

Thanks! The website states to start slow as the food is dense. I would start as a treat with just 1 or 2 kibble.
    DRY MATTER ANALYSIS▼
    Crude Protein 57.9%
    Crude Fat 28.8%
    Crude Fiber 3.3%
    Soluble Fiber 4.8%
    Carbs/Starch (digestible)Trace <1%
    Ash 5.20%
    Moisture 0%

4. A Fae

A Fae Member

This is info I got via email:
    We would love to send you a sample. Please read below: Our foods are high in protein and fat making them very nutrient dense: more calories in every bite. If your cat overeats our food they will experience soft stool, this is not a sign that the food does not agree with them, it is only a sign that they are overeating. Our sample bags contain enough food ( ½ a cup) to feed the average cat for two to three days. If you dump it in their bowl they will likely eat the whole amount and the next day you will have soft stool. Instead give a few pieces several times a day for a couple of days as a treat. If they eat it, they like it and you can feel good about ordering a full bag. Keep giving your cats treats from the sample bag each day until the big bag arrives. Follow the detailed instructions on the back of the bag for easy success and that’s all it will take to get your cats off to a great healthy start.

Poor Ben. Tonight I poured the dry food left in a glass flour canister into a ziplock bag. Ben came almost running to the kitchen. The Halo senior kibble has way too high carb content so I offered him a piece of chicken I made last night. He probably forgot about the kibble, hopefully. He had always had a bowl of kibble on the side but many times I had to throw it out. I think he was only eating it at night when I was asleep.

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I want to say that @Chris & China (GA) did the calculations on YA. I personally don't trust most of the manufacturers!

A Fae likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.