Wednesday 10/21 Luci AMPS 221 Day 50

Discussion in 'Tresiba (degludec)' started by Sue and Luci, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good Morning everyone!

Luci is once again resting in the lemon tree...she did have herself a nice run in the lagoon yesterday, but much like Lev, she's still not getting the duration we'd hoped for.

We'll see how she does on the downhill side of her trial, but so far it's not looking like something we are going to stick with...most likely going back to Lev. Of course that remains to be seen...but I'm not seeing much of a difference with T vs Lev...

Sending prayers and get well wishes to our ever-improving @Butters & Lyla - good report from the vet yesterday gives us all hope that she will continue to improve and be back ruling the lagoon like a Queen soon.

Have a great day everyone, hope your kitties all surf safely. Back to work!! :)

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing yesterday. I hope Luci heads back down and surfs today.

3. Megan and Bernie

Megan and Bernie Member

Hope she comes down for you! Her curves have been looking so nice and green! :D
    Hope you’re staying warm! :cat:

4. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Luci, you were looking so good yesterday. Come on back down out of that tree. Visit the lagoon a little longer for mom. It's nice there.

Have a wonderful day, Sue and Luci :)

5. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I have what might seem an impertinent question but its really just to learn.
    If you are getting the same results why dont you stick with the tresiba? I'm just curious if its the cost or just that youre more comfortable with the Lev.???
    Thank you,
    jeanne

6. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

7. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Thanks Sue:bighug:
    I'm sorry you aren't yet getting the results you hoped for with Luci on Tresiba. :bighug: That has to be frustrating. I wish I had an answer for you. But maybe too soon to go back to Lev just yet?
    Have a great day!

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Of course! Your question is far from impertinent! Heck I've wondered to myself why did I change? And now that we've changed, should I give it at least six months?

Well, to be honest I was hoping for longer duration with Tresiba...that was about it. Thought it was worth trying. I'm not fond of her erratic numbers on T...but the verdict is still out - I'm not locked into any particular insulin, however on Lantus she seemed to be more bouncie. Once we moved over to Lev the higher bounces stopped...could have been because of the time factor - or could have been the Lev...I just felt like there were more flatter days than not on Lev. Now I honestly don't know from one day to the next when she's going to do one of her famous high dive routines...

At the end of the day...and maybe the beginning...she's still not getting the duration I was hoping for...she just needs her juice...

Have a great evening :)

9. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this to me. I appreciate it. :);)
    jeanne

Sue and Luci likes this.