Upcoming dental/libre results

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Aaron and Jasper, Apr 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron and Jasper

Aaron and Jasper Member

Long time absence for Jasper and I. I hate to admit that I fell out of habit with sheets, and fell into some bad habits such as just setting and forgetting it. Sorry to be gone from the community for so long.
    As opposed to before and a change of pace, I've been financially okay recently and trying to get Jasper the help he needs and be more diligent myself. Jasper has a dental tomorrow (might require extractions) and I'm curious mostly about what medications you all recommend for after?
    Recent Jasper:
    6-26-20 Fructosamine 331
    11-18 Dental Consultation, lvl 2 maybe 3
    0.5 dose held, until he started losing weight around late Jan/Feb. I had dental suspicions.
    2-22-21 Full blood work and fructosamine, I started daily subcu saline
    2-24-21Kidney/liver values good, fruc 559 :/
    Doc suggested dose of 1.0 (he still may have been right in this case but I didn't want to jump by .5. Also, I don't want to keep increasing his dose if its due to infection)
    3-4-15 Applied a freestyle libre to aid in dose change monitoring. Dose increase to .75.
    It responded until approximately 3-13, in my opinion it (the sensor itself) was tremendously successful. Average BG was about 270. He seemed to be getting low at the end of every cycle.
    I'm up to somewhere around .85-9 with the dose right now and he's averaging low 200s.
    I will be applying another libre tomorrow in anticipation for everything after the dental (meds, bacteria flush, dose change, etc.) and expect if everything goes well he'll get a reduction.

Sorry, I know that was so much, but any thoughts/opinions? I consider my vet very competent but are there any meds I should stand my ground and say no about?

P.S. The attached image is that of the approximately 9 days of libre data. The dark line was average, the grey is all of it together. Keep in mind though before you all get really scared, the libre values are on average 70 points higher. (I would have never known this if I didn't take physical draws.) Every reading is also about 30 mins behind (interstitial tissue.)
    If anyone wants full access to the libre data, I can give it to you.
    Thank you everyone!

2. Aaron and Jasper

Aaron and Jasper Member

3. Aaron and Jasper

Aaron and Jasper Member

Also, sorry, when considering the curve his amps+food+shot and pmps+food+shot are at 2pm and 2am respectively

4. Aaron and Jasper

Aaron and Jasper Member

Hoping the best for Jasper

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Aaron, good to see you again.
    Are you able to update the SS? We really need to be able to see that to give any dosing advice.
    Are you still doing home testing?
    I am wondering why you are giving daily sub Q fluids if the kidney values are OK
    Good luck with the dental tomorrow.

6. Aaron and Jasper

Aaron and Jasper Member

I just updated the ss. I am still doing at home testing, just not as much because i had the libre and figured it would be telling.
    So :/ the bgs havent seemed to go down really at all, leading me to think the teeth werent really the issue. No extractions were needed, so mouth probably wasnt all that bad.
    Is there a way any of you know to test for insulin resistance? I also think the slight dose increase resulted in raised numbers?
    Im once again at my wits end with this. I thought he looked fantastic this morning, he was in a great mood and i expected to see a good number, not a 356 :/ im overly fed up with this again, nothing i seem to do gets him to even a cool blue anymore

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Hi Aaron. I know how frustrating it can be when you're hoping for a lower BG test, and it doesn't happen. I would stick with the 1 unit for the full 6 cycles and if you're still doing TR and the numbers don't come down, then increase to 1.25.
    I'm pretty confused with your spreadsheet, because first of all it's named 2019 and appears to have a bunch of 2019 dates, and there are pre shot test numbers missing.
    If it is 2021 data, can you add the missing test numbers and color code the 48 on 04/03 to be light green? Whenever I got a number in the 40s, I would test every half hour until the numbers were rising without food. Also, your signature shows 2u bid.

8. Aaron and Jasper

Aaron and Jasper Member

The ss is only recent up to the dental. Trying to figure out sheets

9. Aaron and Jasper

Aaron and Jasper Member

I no longer have the template in sheets, i think i accidentally deleted it? Idk how. I have no idea what im doing in there. And cant remember how to change that banner stating 2u.
    @Marje and Gracie did it for me last time, if anyone can talk me through it? Or send me that template?

10. Aaron and Jasper

Aaron and Jasper Member

Signature is correct now

Dyana likes this.
  11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Can you PM me please and I’ll be glad to help you.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.