? Treats for diabetic cat in Canada

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by TTBLR, Jul 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTBLR

TTBLR Member

Is there a list of treats safe for diabetic cat in Canada? I found one for US on the forum.
    Personal experience would be appreciated.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Go into any specialized pet food store, you will find tons of them. Look for treats that include just meat as the ingredients, either freeze dried, air dried or dehydrated. Purebites, Yappetizers, Sojos, Orijen, 1 Bite 2 Bite are some of the ones in my treat cupboard. I've even used some crumbled freeze dried raw pieces.

Acadaca likes this.
  4. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

FCC loves the freeze dried chicken and I've found it at every pet store I've been in as well as on Amazon. I always get the dog ones because I think they're a bit cheaper. For context he basically got temptations only for the first seven years of his life, but has made the switch seamlessly and will absolutely do things for the chicken. I have used some of the powder to get him to eat a tablespoon of food here or there to encourage his levels to surf. I just sprinkle it on top. He will generally come investigate if I shake the bag.

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on some treats I saw at Dollarama. They're freeze dried single ingredient protein, but there are tocopherols in them as well. They're called a natural preservative in brackets.

5. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Rover did not like the freeze dried treats.
    Turkey was his downfall. I froze bits of leftover cooked turkey in a bit of broth or water in ice cube trays, defrosting 1 or 2 cubes at a time.
    Canned tuna also did the trick. Give it a rinse to reduce the sodium.

6. Allison K

Allison K Member

Mine loves the same freeze dried liver treats we give our dog ....

7. TTBLR

TTBLR Member

Silvester for some reason stopped digesting FF turkey, only chicken and beef flavours left that I feed him. I want to diversify his diet.
    Money is an issue, as much I as would like to try other brands of canned food, I cannot for now. I am looking into cooking for Silvester.
    Thank you for your input, I will give a try to Wendy's provided brands of treats.

8. Allison K

Allison K Member

The ones I referred to are "Crumps Naturals" ... the one we have is beef but I believe there are other flavors :) hope that helps (I buy mine on Amazon.ca)

TTBLR likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

TTBLR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.