GA Tigger

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Breanna H, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

Hello all. Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I am the momma of an Acro cat, Tigger. We joined this site shortly after his diabetes diagnosis in December 2019. It was such a long road, a lot of switching meds, switching vets, early mornings, late nights, random alarms, lots and lots of reading and even more anxiety. I am posting to say that a few days ago, almost two and a half years through our road, we had to make the most difficult decision to let him go. It was just days shy of his 11th birthday. He was steadily declining in health and then an event let us know he was ready and it was time. He NEVER would have gotten this far without the board. I wanted to post and say thank you to all members who helped me through my frantic posts and got me to a point of being completely independent and knowing what I was doing in cases of low and high numbers. Guiding me through switching meds and health advice. I literally could not have done it without any of you. So thank you, truly, from the bottom of my heart. Tigger was my pride and joy and it really was one of the hardest days of my and my husband’s lives. I will never forget all of your kindness ❤️❤️❤️

Jay Dee likes this.
  2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Breanna, I am so so sorry to read this about dear Tigger. He was a really special cat, I could just tell. I certainly remember you, at least from my time on the Board. I would give anything to have my Acrocat, Darcy boy, back with me. Anything. So I understand how you feel.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    Breanna H likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Breanna))) My deepest sympathies on your loss. :bighug::bighug::bighug: Because of your love and hard work, Tigger had so much more time with you. I am sure he knew how much you loved him. Take care of yourself now, losing an acrocat is especially hard.:rb_icon:

Breanna H likes this.
  4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I forgot to say that, not only did I not forget you and your sweet Tigger... just about a week ago, I did a search to check up on your little Tigger to see how he was doing. I was afraid that I had missed a post about him. I do wish you all the best for the future. I'm so sorry. I know you loved that little guy!

Breanna H likes this.
  5. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet boy. Losing our fur children is so hard and I can’t imagine your sorrow right now. I hope his journey Over the bridge was lovely and peaceful. Big hugs…

Breanna H and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  6. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

Thank you all so much for your kind words. He will always hold a special place in my heart ❤️

Aw thank you for checking in on us! He was doing well for quite a while, minus some new hip pain. I believe at the end he developed some pancreatitis. He wasn’t finishing his food which was very odd for him and then was vomiting profusely. Then he started vomiting blood. I considered trying to treat it but my husband and I knew it was no life for a kitty to live. He never slept with us anymore, only next to his feeder, always thinking he was starving.

Thank you all again. As much as I loved following everyone’s stories, I hope I never have to post here again :p;):rb_icon:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  7. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA) Member

Sorry for your loss...you were both lucky to be in each other's life. Micio and I are sending you warm hugs :bighug:

8. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I remember you and Tigger. He had the best life an Acro-kitteh could ever have. It is such a hard disease on our kittehs.

Your sweet boy was loved and he knew it. RIP sweet Tigger.:rb_icon:

9. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

For sure I remember you because of your avatar; my Peanut, who looked so much like Tigger, used to sleep exactly like him!

I'm so sorry that you lost your sweet little boy. When they leave, they take part of our heart with them. You gave Tigger a beautiful life full of love; he was very lucky to have you.
    RIP Tigger! :rb_icon:

10. Ashleigh & Ares

Ashleigh & Ares Well-Known Member

im so sorry about Tigger. :rb_icon::bighug:

11. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

I’m so sorry about Tigger. Sending you hugs at this insanely difficult time :bighug::bighug::bighug: