? Theodore Dose Question 4/22 PMPS 500 +3 421

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by NadineTheodore, Apr 21, 2024.

1. NadineTheodore

NadineTheodore Member

Theodore is officially done his veraflox which has been causing me issues with his poops (diarrhea). I had to put him on Purina DM as it was the only thing that helped me with his poops. The question is should I raised his dose? The vet said it could be a combination of things causing his glucose being high but it's been a few days since the antibiotics and his glucose is still high. Please note that diarrhea has not completely resolved BUT there's also a food switch in the mix. I'm struggling as he was doing really well on 4 units before so I am wondering are his numbers high because of the dose being too high or is it too low?

I appreciate everyones help.:bighug:

Also note that I read extended use of veraflox can decrease WBC which I noticed in his last bloodwork 2 weeks ago although within normal range, I worry it went down further since as he was still on veraflox for 2 weeks since that was done.

latest bloodwork:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xt-vM79PyBs4lkdwExh8JFv5L7YbQAL3/view?usp=sharing

previous bloodwork:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/13iMiRbrI4RIm7_59p0gKZ6LREbvuBFUO/view?usp=sharing

@Wendy&Neko @tiffmaxee

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m glad the antibiotic is in the past. Give him time for it to clear his system. Are you giving a good probiotic? Is the DM canned or dry? I suspect dry which is very high carb. I see you gave one dose at 4.5 and then back to 4.0. I would increase to 4.25. Sorry I didn’t see this yesterday.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

His numbers are all over 300, I would increase by 0.5 units.

What food are you switching from and to? Is it to the YA? I've heard that can cause some loose poops. Maybe try s. boullardii?

4. NadineTheodore

NadineTheodore Member

I am giving a probiotic but sometimes he just eats around the powder. I was giving the dry as that was the only thing helping his poops.

5. NadineTheodore

NadineTheodore Member

I switched to Young Again for his dry from Purina DM. I only gave the purina as it helped with the liquid poops and only temporarily. The Young Again causes the WORST smelly poops and farts for Theodore. I didn't have issues with the diarrhea when on Young Again. It's interesting his number finally was better this morning.

6. NadineTheodore

NadineTheodore Member

@Wendy&Neko What's the brand of probiotics you use again? I was giving NutraMax Proviable DC Capsules, perhaps I need to try a different one

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I use Visbiome.

NadineTheodore likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Me too on the Visbiome. Proviable is also good, you just need to give more of it as it's not as concentrated. Plus in Canada Visbiome don't sell the pet version of so you have to fuss with dosing more. Proviable Forte (gel I think?) is good for loose poops.