The ongoing saga of Sue and Joe and testing Joe at home

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Susan Pomo, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Susan Pomo

Susan Pomo Member

Janet, so kind of you to send all of this info.
    OK first B-12 with Methyl*&%, I am having trouble with this, so much is lozenge or gummies. What do you think of this:https://www.iherb.com/pr/doctor-s-best-fully-active-b12-1-500-mcg-60-veggie-caps/46876
    On to food. I found most of what you suggested at Chewy. I get that you listed what C.C. liked. Joe will eat almost anything.
    I have in my cart at Chewy:
    Steak Frites,
    LA Isle Bonita, the
    Paw lickin Chicken

So much to buy and on Tuesday I just took delivery of all the Friskies (24 cans) and Fancy Feast pate's (48 cans) that apparently are not suitable for him anymore. Due to this, being a little careful with what to buy
    what do you think of this https://www.chewy.com/weruva-truluxe-truturf-variety-pack/dp/169218
    It has Glam and Punk and Steak Frites and two others, a duck something. There is no mention of the Phosphorus and carb count though. Wondering if most of Weruva's are low in phosphorus and carbs?

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Those are fine. You might do half a capsule to start.

Here's another choice Vitacost Vitamin B-12 Methylcobalamin - 500 mcg - 300 Capsules https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0046IET7...abc_4RK9H4B0CTNM619PXAN8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

You could use up the food you have or do half and half to transition him to the new food.

Many of weruva are low phosphorus but some are slightly higher than you want. Some of the gravy foods are too high in carb. But there are a lot of good choices for both carb and phosphorus. I started with some variety packs to find which ones she liked. The choices are extensive. Here you can see the nutrition facts for their different lines. https://weruva.com/nutrition-landing/

Susan Pomo likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

Of that variety pack cc liked the steak and Glam and punk. She didn't like the Topsy turvy.... She was never a turkey fan. I don't remember what she thought of the pecking duck. It's a little higher carb than the other ones at 9% so that's probably why I didn't reorder that one... It's 0.79 phosphorus so it's good in that way. Cats can be so picky.

They never put the carbs or phosphorus on pet food.

4. Susan Pomo

Susan Pomo Member

NO, they do not but the Weruva site has it all. I notice there are no fish products in C.C.'s favs. Is fish a no-no or did she not like it?
    Also the Zobolin? In my cart at Amazon, do I need both it and the B-12 Methyl*%&
    Also, some of the Weruva's say they have an added B-12 supplement. Will it be OK to give him ore B-12 on top of that?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  5. JanetNJ

Many of the fish ones are higher in phosphorus. Zobaline is a brand of b12 methylcobalamin. The reason I liked it was because it's very concentrated so it's a very little amount and tasteless (yes I tested it. Lol) I put like 1/4 of a tablet in her food twice a day. She didn't taste it at all. I still have a couple bottles left over from her. I sometimes put a little in my other cats food too. It's pricy though. If given for diabetic neuropathy you would put a whole tablet a day. It's 3 mg (3000 mcg). the amount they would put in food is not a lot but no reason to worry, because they don't overdose on it. Cats urinate out extra b 12. (Which is why kidney cats are often low in it.... It gets urinated out because they pee so much).

Susan Pomo and smorgasbord like this.
  6. Susan Pomo

Susan Pomo Member

So much for not spending too much. I got Joe these and I think all are good so far as low phos and low carbs except for maybe Cat On The Wok. I printed the sheets from Weruva so I have them on my desk. Guess I will be buying cat food like I buy coffee pods. Go big or go home
    Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Goldie Lox Chicken & Salmon Au Jus Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 6-oz, case of 24

$44.99
    Weruva Marbella Paella with Mackerel, Shrimp & Mussels Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24

$42.49
    Weruva Truluxe Glam 'N Punk with Lamb & Duck in Gelee Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24

$39.99
    Weruva Truluxe On The Cat Wok with Chicken & Beef in Pumpkin Soup Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24

$39.99
    Weruva Outback Grill with Trevally & Barramundi Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24

$49.99
    Weruva Mideast Feast with Grilled Tilapia in Gravy Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24

$34.99

7. Susan Pomo

Susan Pomo Member

I just looked over everyone's SS that has contributed to this thread and they all look so much better than mine (Joes)

8. JanetNJ

Your cat was just diagnosed. It takes time.
    that's some order!! The good news is chewy has good customer service and will usually refund you if the cat won't eat it. On the Cat Wok is a good choice at 3.8 carb 0.74 phos

9. Susan Pomo

Susan Pomo Member

Joe will eat anything. I went to the local Pet Supermarket. The manager adopted a previously feral kitten I had trapped in April from me. I wanted to check on them and while there I bought Joe a couple of cans of Weruva. Came home and gave him one and he devoured it. Chicken and Liver. The head butts tell me how much he liked it. :cat:

10. JanetNJ

Oh good! Sometimes cats aren't as fond of the "healthy" stuff. Glad he's not picky.

11. Susan Pomo

Susan Pomo Member

Back when I was allowing kibble, I tried many "good kibbles' and he never liked those. Loved the junk kibbles though

JanetNJ likes this.
  12. JanetNJ

Yes between 7 inside and 7 outside cats, NONE of them would eat blue buffalo. Haha. On a good note, discovered Allie likes the steak Frites, so that's good. Haha

13. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Well-Known Member

Heh. You’re lucky they had that many types in stock. Glad he enjoyed his new food, that’s the best feeling.

14. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Well-Known Member

Oh no, are you kidding me, you just have less data. And in your limited data, you have super high blacks down to blues in a VERY short time.
    You and Joe are making remarkable progress.

Susan Pomo and JanetNJ like this.
  15. JanetNJ

Do make sure you always get a preshot test whenever possible.

Susan Pomo likes this.
  16. Susan Pomo

Susan Pomo Member

OK Pre-shot next. Thanks for the gentle reminder. I am always half asleep in the morning and he is always screaming for food. I down some coffee while he eats and then shoot. Tonight before PM shot

smorgasbord and JanetNJ like this.
  17. Susan Pomo

Susan Pomo Member