Stridor is back

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Howiesmom, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Howie has been napping in my lap (yeah!) now that it’s getting colder. His snoring is back and is very loud. I know stridor is common in acro kitties but am shocked it went away for many months but now has returned. He hasn’t out any weight on. Is this cause for any concern? He has a senior wellness exam on Monday.

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I believe from what @Olive & Paula told me that she needed to increase Olive’s Cabergoline dose to keep Olive’s stridor under control. Paula said she could hear Olive’s breathing from across the house. She increased the Cabergoline dose and it went away. Correct, Paula?

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

@Howiesmom .

Sorry, I haven't been on much. Things not good here and haven't checked in. It's best to PM me as that shows up in my email where tags do not.

Yes, cabergoline was increased based on Ollie's stridor. When it returned non stop for a solid week, dose was increased by 0.05 ml and give new dose a month to see if it would work.

4. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Thanks so much! I talked to my vet and we’ve opted to keep him at his dose currently. But it is good to know how much adjustment you made to see a change.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.