Relion help

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kahluasmom, Oct 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahluasmom

Kahluasmom Well-Known Member

I am trying to check blood for the first time. I have the relion meter, but I guess I have the wrong strips. I am so stressed out. Is there a way I can still use them? What do I do?

2. Kahluasmom

Should I just feed her and hope?

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I see in your information you have the Relion Premier, you need the test strips that go with that meter. The information you have about your kitty should be at the end of your posts

4. Kahluasmom

I know it should be at the end. I followed the instructions and I have no idea where it is. I am absolutely clueless. Sorry. Maybe I can get my daughter to figure it out.

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Please read helping us to help you link. If you noticed, our members have some basic information about their cat's in their signature. This helps us to not pester you by asking the same questions (your cat's name, insulin type, date of diagnosis, etc.) repeatedly. We also have a link to our spreadsheet in our signature. We are very numbers driven. The spreadsheet is a record of your cat's progress. By linking it in your signature, we can follow along and provide feedback should you need the help.

If you need help setting anything up we have a member who can help you set it up
    Just ask and I will tag her for you

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

I will tag Bhooma @Bandit's Mom to set thing up for you, she will send you a private message look for it in your inbox
    What strips do you have?

7. Kahluasmom

I have prime strips....and a premier meter. So frustrating! Only me!

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Crap :p you can go get the correct ones tomorrow :cat:

Kahluasmom likes this.
  9. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi @Kahluasmom , Welcome to FDMB! :)

I can set up your spreadsheet. Will send you a PM with the details I need. Look for it in the Inbox at the top right corner of this page.

Kahluasmom likes this.
  10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thanks Bhooma @Bandit's Mom :cat:

Kahluasmom and Bandit's Mom like this.
  11. Bandit's Mom

:bighug:

Do you sleep at all, Diane? :)

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hi Bhooma I went to sleep around 3 AM :p
    @Bandit's Mom :bighug:
    I hope Bandit is doing ok
    :bighug:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  13. Kahluasmom

How do you attach a photo? I tried checking her blood. I got the drop with no problem at all, but the meter is just flashing a triangle thing. It has date and time, but no number. I checked the booklet and it doesn't mention this at all.

14. Kahluasmom

We have our first reading!!!! She's at 231. That's a 4 hour fast. How do I enter it into the spreadsheet?

15. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Blood glucose tests are logged based on when they were taken in relation to shot time. So AMPS is the preshot test before insulin, in the morning, and you go +1, +2, +3 etc. and enter data based on time after shot. +1 is one hour after shot, and so on. Each day has 2 cycles (am and pm) 12 hours in each cycle. So depending on where that BG test was in relation to shot you'd enter it in to that cell on the SS.

16. Kahluasmom

So...you just click on the box and enter, right? Yeah....not working. I am the jinx of all things electronic.

17. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Lol you'll get there! On my IPad I usually double click and then a line comes up with "enter text or formula" do you see something similar if you double click?

18. Kahluasmom

Nope....nothing happens. Maybe on my tablet....

19. Bandit's Mom

I just realized that you gave me a yahoo email ID for the SS and not a gmail/google one! Do you have a gmail ID? If you can send that to me via PM, I can give that ID editor access on the SS and you should be able to enter data.

231 is a good number! Looks like the food change is beginning to yield results! Do you know what she was when she was tested at the vet before the food change?

20. Kahluasmom

She was 293 on Tuesday before she moved in with us. I think she was 413 back in July when she was diagnosed.

I don't have a Google email. I've always used the Yahoo one for Google.

21. Bandit's Mom

OK. Are you logged in with your yahoo email when accessing the SS to input the data? Were you able to input data on the tablet?

22. Kahluasmom

I guess I'm logged in.....I just click on the link and it brings up the SS. The tablet didn't work, either.....maybe the chromebook.....

23. Kahluasmom

I was able to enter it with the chromebook, but now it doesn't show up.

24. Bandit's Mom

I am able to see the 231 entered under PMPS for yesterday.

25. Kahluasmom

Oh....yay! Mine is just a blank, grey box. But as long as you can see it!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  26. Kahluasmom

Now I'm seeing it! Am I putting it in the right box?

27. Bandit's Mom

PMPS is the time at which you would give your PM shot (when you start insulin). Is that the time of yesterday's test?

28. Kahluasmom

Yes. My plan is to test at 8, then feed, then shot around 8:30. She is at times a very slow eater....and picky!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  29. Bandit's Mom

She need not eat all her food before the shot. Lantus typically onsets around +2 so you have time till then to get food into her. Of course, for some cats it can be as easrly as +1 and for others as late as +3. We test, feed and shoot within 15 min.

It will be interesting to see where her numbers settle with just the food change.

Kahluasmom likes this.
  30. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hi you have to put in how many units you are giving on your spreadsheet , the U column
    Also go back into your signature and please add what you are feeding
    Example FF Pate, you aren't feeding any dry kibble correct? Wait I see in your signature you have FF does that mean Fancy Feast? If so just add Pate to it, it was hard to notice it. You don't need the date after FF
    You also need to get some tests in after you give the insulin, both AM and PM so we can see how the insulin is working for Kahlua and how low the dose is taking Kahula. That will tell you when increases or decreases are needed.
    So if you do a test 2 hours after giving insulin you would put that in the +2 column , if you do another test 6 hours after giving insulin that would go in the +6 column
    @Kahluasmom

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  31. Kahluasmom

No dry food at all. I haven't started insulin. I will add it when I start. I'll check my signature about the food. I did put it in there.

32. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hi Maria In your signature it says lantus 1u/2 day that's why I thought you started insulin
    Wait I see in your signature you have FF does that mean Fancy Feast? If so just add Pate to it, it was hard to notice it. You don't need the date after FF
    @Kahluasmom

33. Kahluasmom

I know. I had planned to start insulin right away. But then I was advised to wait a couple days to see how the low carb food affected her numbers, so I didn't start. I tried to get an afternoon number today. But after 3 failed sticks, I decided to leave her alone.

34. Diane Tyler's Mom

Oh ok ,good luck with the testing you will get there :cat:

Kahluasmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.