? Regarding Charlie’s dosage

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Elisha and Charlie, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Elisha and Charlie

Elisha and Charlie Member

Could I please get someone to look at Charlie’s spreadsheet.

should I increase insulin every second day and not third/forth day by .5u? Or is there any other suggestions?

It looks like after the second day his BG increases.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Now that you are at 10 units total dose, I would increase by 1.0 units at a time, every six cycles, as long as you aren't seeing greens. With one proviso, you have to get both AM and PM preshot numbers, and a second test each cycle, including the night. If you cannot get that many tests, the increases would be slower.

You don't have enough data to conclude that his BG increases after the second day.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  3. Elisha and Charlie

Thank you.

I will get a night cycle tonight. I will set my alarm

4. Elisha and Charlie

Hi Wendy,

Do you think I would be able to increase Charlie's dosage to 11 Units tonight.

Elisha

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I am glad to see that you increased to 11. You didn’t see anything but pink and red on 10 units so no need to hold the dose any longer.

6. Suzanne & Darcy

And someone probably already mentioned this, but it’s not uncommon to see BG higher on the second day after an increase. This happened a lot with my acro kitty. It was new dose wonkiness. The third day things usually settled down. I am so glad you are using Levemir! All paws crossed here for Charlie!

Elisha and Charlie likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the new dose. Glad you increased. By the way, since you are using Levemir, you could post the the Lantus/Levemir forum for dosing help faster. This forum is rather more quiet and not insulin specific.

8. Elisha and Charlie

Thanks
    I’m sick of seeing pick and red, although it’s good not to see black.
    Elisha and Charlie

9. Elisha and Charlie

Thanks
    Will post on there next time, I just thought because we have acro babies, we post anything related in here. Thanks for the clarification
    Elisha

10. Elisha and Charlie

I d
    I didn’t know that.

11. Suzanne & Darcy

Usually if it’s a question or discussion specific to acromegaly then here is the place to post. If it’s a question about dosing, then the Lantus/Levemir forum would be the place to post.