GA Poncho Passed on

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by christoph, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christoph

christoph Member

My beloved Poncho died during the night (this am). I held him all day and he slept next to me and passed away. The mobile vet was scheduled to be here today to put him to sleep but Poncho went his way. I had a second vet (referred to me as very experienced with diabetes) opinion Thursday and it seems he was never diabetic, but probably was suffering from lymphoma of the GI tract as well as pancreatitis (early on), kidney infection and extreme anemia, which did him in. The initial diagnosis was diabetes, based on a BG of 359, and pancreatitis, but they couldn't do a curve twice without sending him too low, so they threw in the towel and of course I pursued the diabetes with the next vet, who treated him for 1 1/2 months. I will truly miss him. He was such a laid back and very sweet, gentle cat. Poncho and I want to thank you good folks on this forum for all your help with guidance and encouragement as well as your donated time. I've learned a lot! God Bless you all! God Bless you Poncho....I'll see you again someday.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    Reason for edit: Added GA prefix. Fly free Poncho... land softly.
  2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Christopher, I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Poncho. You tried so hard to figure out what would help him. I hope you can remember that you gave him a wonderful life, filled with great food, treats, scratches and pats. There are so many cats who never get to have such peace and love in their lives.

3. Jeanne

Jeanne Member

I am so sorry for your loss of your dear poncho. I followed your post and prayed for you both. You are a hero. Never gave up hope for your boy.he left knowing how much you loved him as he love you.

4. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. It's such a hard thing to go through.
    Sending a hug...
    Fly Free Poncho....
    [​IMG]

Jeanne likes this.
  5. Kitty mom

Kitty mom Member

I'm so sorry to hear about you sweet baby poncho {{{hug}}}

RIP sweet boy:rb_icon:

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss ((((Christopher)))

You're right, you will see him again, one day.

Fly Free and Healthy and Happy, Poncho cat_wings>o

7. Christianna

Christianna Member

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Poncho. I had followed your posts and prayed for your sweet boy. It is so hard to say goodbye. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Christianna

8. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear of Ponch's passing. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that you did everything you could to help him. :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

9. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Poncho.
    {{hugs}}

10. mirnta

mirnta Member

Oh nooooo!! You tried so hard and did such a great job...so sorry! ❤

11. Linda and Scooter & Jack

Linda and Scooter & Jack Well-Known Member

12. bsmith

bsmith Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Poncho. It's always so difficult when you don't have all the answers about what's medically going on with your cat so you can correctly treat what's really happening. You did an excellent job trying to get answers about what was going on and you took wonderful care of Poncho. Passing at home, by the person he loved, was probably the best way to go, though it's very sad that he had to go so soon. I'll be thinking about the two of you.

13. phlika29

phlika29 Well-Known Member

Oh Chris I am so very sorry to hear about poncho. You could have tried any harder or loved him any more than you did.

Fly free poncho and land softly. cat_wings>o

14. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers at this difficult time

15. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

{{{Christopher}}}

I am so sorry for your loss. Poncho knows how much you loved him.

Fly free Poncho and watch over those who love you. cat_wings>o

16. Mitzelplik's Mom

Mitzelplik's Mom Member

Christoph, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been following your posts and really pulling for you and Poncho. Sending you good thoughts...

17. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Christoph, I'm SO sorry it was Poncho's time to cross - BIG HUGE LOOOOOOOOONG HUG. You and he shared quite a dance together.

Soar high on your new angel wings sweet baby....landing right back in Papa's broken heart....

Jeanne likes this.
  18. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Oh, Chris ...

I am deeply saddened to hear that Poncho has crossed over. He could not have been more loved. My heart goes out to you in your loss.

((((Chris and Spirit Poncho))))

19. Karen & Rudy

Karen & Rudy Member

I'm so sorry :-( hugs

20. Nancy & Cootie (GA)

Nancy & Cootie (GA) Member

So sorry to read of your loss of beloved Poncho, and my heart is heavy for you. You are a great fur dad who did all you could to help Poncho.

Critter Mom likes this.
  21. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Pancho- please allow me to light a candle in honor of your perfect angel :bighug:
    heartcandle.jpg

Critter Mom likes this.
  22. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Chris, I'm so sorry for your loss.
    You tried so hard... gave him your all...
    he knew how much he was loved.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

cat_wings>o Fly free dear Poncho...

Critter Mom likes this.
  23. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

So sorry for your loss.

24. Lori & Lulu

Lori & Lulu Well-Known Member

So sad to learn about Poncho.

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... Author unknown..."

Rest in peace, precious angel Poncho.

25. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to learn of Poncho's passing, hugs and prayers at this very sad time.

26. christoph

christoph Member

Thank you all for your kind words, prayers and hugs as I'm indeed comforted by them. I'm sure Poncho felt/feels your Love as much as his immediate friends and family, and he thanks you also.

Critter Mom likes this.
  27. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that Poncho has passed on Christoph. You and he both fought your hardest for him - you pulled him through times when a lot of cats wouldn't have made it, but it sounds as though his problems were just too many and too complicated in the end. You did everything you possibly could and more to get him through crisis after crisis. And he was able to be with you, in your arms, at the end knowing how much he was loved. There aren't any words that can take away the pain you're feeling right now, but you're in my thoughts and Poncho is out of pain, healthy and young again waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge. You'll see him again when the time is right. :bighug: :bighug: cat_wings>o

Critter Mom likes this.
  28. Blamethecats and Hannah

Blamethecats and Hannah Member

Christoph, I'm so saddened to learn that your wonderful Poncho has passed on. But he surely has earned his beautiful angel wings and you will meet again, one day. I know how much you loved him. He was so blessed to have you for his human bean. Hugs to you, my friend. May all those great memories give you peace.
    Beautiful_Angel.gif

Critter Mom likes this.
  29. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

(((Christoph))),
    I am so very sorry to hear about Poncho.

You were both truly blessed in knowing each other; and you have been an exemplary caregiver.
    I am so full of admiration for all that you have done for him. You are a very special person indeed; and Poncho's story has touched the hearts of so many people on this forum.

Be especially kind to yourself in the coming days and weeks, Christoph.
    Fly free, sweet 'Spirit Poncho'.

May you both meet again one day.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:(((Huge hugs to you, dear Christoph))):bighug::bighug::bighug:

Eliz x

30. ursa68

ursa68 Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I have followed your posts, and know how hard you fought for him. Fly free, sweet Poncho!

31. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I'm glad Poncho could be in your arms and enveloped in your love when he passed by I'm so sorry it was his time.you both fought so hard. RIP Poncho :rb_icon:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.