New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Turbo’s Mommy, Oct 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbo’s Mommy

Turbo’s Mommy New Member

This is my introduction so I hope it works! Trying out this message board for emergency questions. My sugar boy's name is Turbo & he is on 3 units of Prozinc twice daily. I've just started getting successful home tests & want to be prepared for any emergencies especially amps/pmps issues. Do not have enough data yet for spreadsheet but am working on it. I got 2 tests today. First at +3.5 (397 bg) & second at +7.5 (281 bg). Am trying really hard for amps in the morning ...

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Turbo’s mommy and Turbo to the forum.
    Can you tell us a little about Turbo please ……how old he is, when he was diagnosed, what meter you are using amd what food you are feeding?
    You can put all this information in your signature which appears at the bottom of all your posts.
    HELP US HELP YOU has lots of useful information in it for new members including how to set up the signature….very easy…. How you set up the spreadsheet, how to set up a hypo kit….vey important and other good information.
    It’s never too early to start the SS.
    Well done doing hometesting…that’s wonderful and will keep your boy safe.
    What dose of Prozinc did you start on? 3 units is a lot of insulin for a newly diagnosed cat.

Are you giving snacks during the cycles as well as before the insulin shots?
    I’ll tag @JanetNJ as she uses Prozinc.
    Bron

3. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Welcome Turbo and Turbo's mommy

Congratulations on home testing! you are up to a great start it will get easier with practice

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Great job learning to test at home!!! Welcome.

Veronica & Babu-chiri likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.