Melissa&Moka
Member Since 2026
My cat Moka has been diagnosed with acromegaly after her glucose numbers saw no improvement at 5 units of Lantus. We dropped her to 2 because she had better results way back when, but I suspect we will go back up. In hindsight, I should have pushed to test her for acro harder since her breathing was different and her jaw changed a lot. I feel like an awful cat mom and I can't stop crying. It's all so overwhelming, and I'm scared for my baby gremlin.
I requested an appointment with a cardiologist to see if she'll be able to go under for a CT/MRI not sure which is best in this case.
Weighing the options: radiation, surgery or medication. I've been a long time lurker on the forum, but posting now.
Moka is 8.5 years old
Diagnosed in December, tried to regulate with food.
Started insulin in June
Based in Oregon
I requested an appointment with a cardiologist to see if she'll be able to go under for a CT/MRI not sure which is best in this case.
Weighing the options: radiation, surgery or medication. I've been a long time lurker on the forum, but posting now.
Moka is 8.5 years old
Diagnosed in December, tried to regulate with food.
Started insulin in June
Based in Oregon
Attachments
Last edited:
