? Mowgli - Starting Cabergoline

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Jaime & Mowgli, May 28, 2021.

1. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Last Thread

We have just received Mowgli's Cabergoline, and were hoping to start him on it soon. Since he had been having nadirs in the 100s or 200s for the past week, I figured we could keep him on his dose of 12.5u for the start of Cabergoline. However, Mowgli decided to switch it up and have a AMPS in the 60s and a daytime cycle all under 100. So now, I am wondering if we should reduce his dose (to 11.5u?) and wait a couple of days before we start Cabergoline.

What do you think?

@@Wendy&Neko

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

If I were you, I would make my dosing decisions at this point independent of the Cabergoline. It takes quite a while before you will see the effects of Cabergoline. Many people report that it takes 8 weeks. In my case it took at least six weeks. So right now, I would start the Cabergoline and then make my dosing decisions as I normally would ... @Wendy&Neko ?

3. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Thanks for the reply Suzanne. I posted the same question on the Lantus forum and Wendy just replied. She seems to be in agreement with you, so we will be starting Mowgli on Cabergoline tomorrow.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Oh, in my case it took about five weeks before I needed to reduce after starting Cabergoline.