Minerva AMPS 16.9 (304), PMPS 19.7 (355)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Joy W, May 4, 2022.

1. Joy W

Joy W Member

Hey folk.

It's been a rough month for me and my girl. We had catsitters for the first time and as a result of a few factors she had slightly uneven doses for a couple of days, and then we stuffed up the DST transition. Shortly after she suddenly got really fussy, refused lots of food (but still had an appetite if we found just the right food!) and her BG started bouncing all over. She's had some vet visits and been cleared for pancreatitis, kidney, liver, thyroid issues, and UTI, and we started a fresh insulin. She's back to eating normally, or 99% normally, and she's bright eyed, snuggly, talkative, and happy, but her BG is still all over the place and I have no idea what to do next. She needs better than she's getting from me.

Last post, some time ago: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...r-shot-earlier-this-week.261140/#post-2945774

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good to hear that Minerva has recovered. Sounds like she's at least feeling well.

When following SLGS, you do hold the dose a week before evaluating what to do next. The 5th (today for me) is day 4. Any chance you could get a curve in sometime this weekend? It would be good to see how low she's going on this dose. As that random spot check showed you on April 30th, it's possible she's seeing some lows and bouncing as she was on the previous dose.

3. Joy W

Joy W Member

Thank you so much for your reply, I was feeling a bit despondent! Yes I will be able to get another curve this weekend. I am hoping the bouncing is her settling into the new insulin, I really hope so. I haven't updated the last couple of results but I was up very late last night and from memory she had a PMPS of 16.x (288 or more), and then a +5ish? of 12 something (216 or more). I did that immediately after she had a large midnight snack, and an hour or so later she was at 15 something (270 or more), then this morning's AMPS was about 17.1 ish (308 ish). I will update the spreadsheet when I get home tonight. Sometimes I worry that with the 8 mm needles that we aren't getting all the way under her skin, but I go right to the base of the needle and the 12 mm are not always available (yay tiny island nation at the bottom of the planet) so I don't know if I am causing inconsistencies by not doing it right somehow. She free feeds outside her 2-hour preshot fast so my weekend daytime curves are often more like straight lines, that 4.6 totally threw me and it is sheer fluke I saw it. I am considering a Libre for a few days but she HATES it, she gets so depressed, and it ruins her skin too, so it is a desperate last resort and I don't think I am there yet?

I am particularly bummed as I think in her first month or so, a year ago, there was probably a real chance for remission but I hadn't found the board properly and didn't know enough and I am so sad that I might have missed her one chance. At the very least I would love her to be reasonably well regulated though.

Thank you for your kindness!