Make-them-yourself-Cat Forts!!!!! Contest for the best fort?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jan D & Squeaky, Jan 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

Hi Everybody, I, the cat, Squeaky am so bored, there's nothing to do at home and mommy is really boring too. She's home for the pandemic and sits around looking at that darned computer screen a lot.

Mommy has an idea that she thinks is a secret from me, it's building a cat fort. First she was going to use ladders and blankets but now she's decided to include cardboard boxes. There will be treats, and catnip. Probably some new toys too. It'll be in a separate room in the house where I can only go part of the time. Wow she wishes she could get an aquarium in there LOL!

Anyway she found some photos online of similar forts for ideas. AND maybe, just maybe, to inspire other cat parents on this site to create forts for their kitties, she could come up with some small prize for the best fort? Maybe a $20 Amazon gift card? Other people could donate prizes too.....

Let me know what you think! Here is a link to some fort photos:

https://www.ecosia.org/images/?q=build a fort for your cat out of cardboard boxes#

Cheers and happy new year!
    Squeaky

2. Jan D & Squeaky

3. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

OMG LOL! I love all of these fort pictures! I wish I had room to build my own. :joyful:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Those are so cool! I don't have room for anything like that either.

5. Jan D & Squeaky

@Olive & Paula

Well so far no takers on the fort-building contest!!!! Paula see photo link above!

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Just drape a blanket over a chair or back of couch. My kits love the blanket over the back of couch so it goes over the seat cushion. It's more of a tent. They lay under it, then one who likes to lay on top of it on other cat.

I like some of them but mine would never go for any of them. They don't like boxes. Go figure.

Critter Mom and Jan D & Squeaky like this.
  7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Cat's that don't like boxes? What's wrong with them???? ;)

Critter Mom likes this.
  8. Olive & Paula

They are idiots. They have never gone in a box. Maybe it reminds them of being in carrier. One will climb on top of a bix. I have tried to make chewy boxes appealing, cut holes, put toys in them, bunch up the paper. They just aren't interested. Tux use to like bags, not anymore though.

Critter Mom likes this.
  9. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

:eek:

Demand a refund!

;)

Mogs

Hercule's mum likes this.
  10. Olive & Paula

LOL !!!! I keep threatening them that I will return them from where they came. Tripper from a bush and pregnant, Tux from the woods with broken tail, PJ from the sewer with 3 1/2 legs. They don't seem to listen to me.

11. Gill & Mac (UK)

Gill & Mac (UK) Member

Can't keep ours out of them - in the photo below Lady is in the box and Mac seems to be wondering if he can tape it up and return her to Amazon!

cat & box.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.