a brief summary hello everyone,new here. about a week ago tavros was diagnosed with diabetes and a few weeks prior the worst case of pancreatitis theyve ever seen (their words)and an enlarged kidney. his kidney has gotten a lot better and hes gaining weight back,(still dealing with the pancreatitis and his blood sugars are in the 400's. he is feeling a whole lot better but still recovering. he is on prescription wet food,royal canine rabbit,and is getting 1 unit of insulin at 10 am and one unit of insulin at 8pm. okay so to the point and reason for my question: the care we have been getting from our vet has been extremely inconsistent. the owner,kim has been 100% helpful in every way,but shes on her 2nd weeklong vacation within just weeks. kim has admitted shes still training her staff,and everyone but her has been awful and heres why: 1.giving us very bad food reccomendations multiple times (extremely crucial atm), 2.not reccomending and prescriping him medication because kim wasnt there. 3. not as big of a deal but unprofessional,today the vet tech almost gave me a heart attack because she gave me false blood sugar numbers and told me he went from the 400's to 500's until she went back to check and make sure they were right. (they are still in the 400's) and 4.,the reason i am asking this question: after his blood sugar readings,hes still in the 400's and his blood sugar has only gone down by 60 in a week. (which from their reaction,is very slow and not good enough?) they want to have him in for 8 hours to do the "the curve" and test his blood sugars every 2 hours in a week (monday) and they said they won't up his insulin dosage or prescribe anything until after they do this test in a week. kim had mentioned this test a week ago when we started insulin,but said we would bring him in to do this test a month after he started insulin but it hasnt even been a week. do they want to do it early because his sugars arent lowering fast enough? wouldnt they want him in for testing immediately if that were the case since they said they wont up the dosage until after this test? they said they want to make sure his sugars wont drop in the middle of the day and that is the reasoning for the test. we also asked if we could do this at home,and they said no because they wanted to see him. he is difficult to get blood from but this still seemed odd and suspicious because he would be less stressed out at home and it would cost a lot more at the vet. i don't know if this just seems suspicious and like bad vet care because of their bad track record,or what. me and my mother agreed that if it was kim who has given us this suggestion/plan,we would not hesitate. it is mainly that his sugars are so high,why would they wait a week? seems like we could do this at home and it would stress him out less and not be so expensive. we absolutely do not mind paying for this IF this is what is best for him. he is hard to get bloodwork from so maybe that is why but it still seems suspicious. they do specialize in cats,but the care is inconsistent,the only helpful person is never there,do you think we should search for a new vet or is this a paranoid overeaction? we also think that the substitute doctormight have been in (they were saying the doctor was a he,but our cats doctor is a she) (hes not as good either) so im thinking about calling in the morning,seeing if it was just the substitute making a bad call. i really need to figure out what to do asap.