Insulin Suggestions?

OneSebastian

Member Since 2026
Today is day 3 of full diet FF. Day 2 of testing BG. I will attached his SS. We have not started insulin yet. (lantus) Scheduled feeding, no more free feeding. He doesnt eat overnight, I am going to get a auto feeder so he can snack overnight. As you will see his numbers are up first thing in the morning but already noticing good progression. What are your thoughts for insulin? Dosage? Should I start tomorrow as planned? I will keep his sheet updated. I was thinking to continue with diet only for a few more days to see things level out first?

Thank you!

Winston's Spreadsheet (Markus)
 
When starting insulin, it is not a good idea to eat overnight, since he may have eaten a bit before pre shot, and that will alter his BG at shot time to a higher level, you should monitor his feeding, making sure he has not eaten 2 hours prior shot time, the feeder is mostly for when you are not home or on a busy schedule
 
Some feeders do have a cover that will cover the food up after a certain window has passed. My Petlibro does, so I can make sure Crowley doesn't eat too soon to shot time.
 
Back
Top