I snuggled Snuggie for the last time Saturday

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Jay Dee, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

Hello all,

I made the excruciating decision to let my Snuggie go this past weekend. I posted the full tribute and details on the Levemir/Lantus/Biosimilars page, but wanted to let everyone here know as well.

Thank you all for the acro advice (and other related advice) that gave him close to an extra year with us post-diagnosis. He was very clear in telling me when he wasn't ready to go in all the many times we almost lost him, so when he told me he WAS ready this time, I knew he meant it. God only knows if it was the acro, or the CKD, or dementia, or something else that finally got to be too much for him, but i wanted him to go while he still had some dignity left and wasn't suffering TOO much.

I'll likely take a break for a bit but will be back to help other acro kitties after my heart has a chance to heal.

Thank you all. Hug your babies close and give them a kiss on the nose for us. cat_wings>o

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Oh Jill, my friend, you already know how I feel. But this makes me so sad for you and Snuggie. Take care of yourself. Snuggie will always be with you. ❤️

Jay Dee likes this.
  3. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and making a decision you didn’t ever want to make. But know the Snuggie is no longer suffering and running wild and free (not that it makes your heart hurt less). Big hugs to you…

Jay Dee and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  4. Ashleigh & Ares

Ashleigh & Ares Well-Known Member

im so sorry about Snuggie. Take care of yourself Jill:bighug:

Jay Dee likes this.