Mdavis090406
Member Since 2026
My 6 year old cat Torrmund was diagnosed with diabetes mellitus almost 2 weeks ago. He had started loosing significant weight and muscle mass very quickly. Our vet has started him on Vetsulin (started at 2 units twice a day, then bumped to 4 units twice a day and bumped again to 6 units twice a day.) he is currently on the 6 units now but his glucose readings are still irregular and high. I’ve expressed concern and my vet explained that this is a process.
Torrmund is currently on fancy feast pate 2 times daily. The vet recommended a high protein, low carbohydrate diet. He is constantly crying for more food and is constantly hungry.
I am checking his blood sugars at home 4-5 times a day and he just had his first glucose curve this past Friday. That is when the vet increased his vetsulin to 6 units twice a day.
I’m at my wits end and I don’t know what to do. I’m so new to this and I feel so overwhelmed. Any help, suggestions or information is so appreciated!
Torrmund is currently on fancy feast pate 2 times daily. The vet recommended a high protein, low carbohydrate diet. He is constantly crying for more food and is constantly hungry.
I am checking his blood sugars at home 4-5 times a day and he just had his first glucose curve this past Friday. That is when the vet increased his vetsulin to 6 units twice a day.
I’m at my wits end and I don’t know what to do. I’m so new to this and I feel so overwhelmed. Any help, suggestions or information is so appreciated!