Help

maddydo2

Member Since 2026
I know thiis a long shot. One of my cat clients is terminal. Going into hospice Monday. She has 2 older cats she's needing to find homes for before she dies. It would give her piece of mind knowing they will be cared for. The big orange cat is 15 and the other is 14. The 15 is diabetic and gets shots daily. Im heartbroken because she is such a sweet lady and would give her cats a kidney if they needed it but im not so sure these 2 will live long without her and because they are getting up in age. She has a litter robot that would go with them also. She has only had it for a few months now. Its brand new. She isnt computer savy so I went and set it all up for her. Its a litter robot pro. But thats the situation. They are wonderful cats i know because i groom them every other month. The tolerate EVERY THING!. Both calm and chill. Let me know if you have anyone in mind. Id love to place them to give her peace...ya know what I mean. Im willing to sponsor them diabetic cat if need be and willing to drive wherever to a foster or home. Please help me i cant give this cat shots..I just cant. Worst case I will just have to put them down. Its just an awful situation. Thank you for your time.
 
I know thiis a long shot. One of my cat clients is terminal. Going into hospice Monday. She has 2 older cats she's needing to find homes for before she dies. It would give her piece of mind knowing they will be cared for. The big orange cat is 15 and the other is 14. The 15 is diabetic and gets shots daily. Im heartbroken because she is such a sweet lady and would give her cats a kidney if they needed it but im not so sure these 2 will live long without her and because they are getting up in age. She has a litter robot that would go with them also. She has only had it for a few months now. Its brand new. She isnt computer savy so I went and set it all up for her. Its a litter robot pro. But thats the situation. They are wonderful cats i know because i groom them every other month. The tolerate EVERY THING!. Both calm and chill. Let me know if you have anyone in mind. Id love to place them to give her peace...ya know what I mean. Im willing to sponsor them diabetic cat if need be and willing to drive wherever to a foster or home. Please help me i cant give this cat shots..I just cant. Worst case I will just have to put them down. Its just an awful situation. Thank you for your time.
Have you tried reaching out to DCIN by any chance?

Contact Us – Diabetic Cats in Need

I really hope that you’re able to find good homes for the kitties. Diabetic cats can live very long healthy lives with insulin.

It may also help to post where the cats are based? In case there’s someone close by who could help.
 
I am so sorry you are going thru so much, but there is always hope, feline diabetes is manageable, please see the link below, and yes, Connie is right DCI, is a great source, they help with medical bills, insulin, and supplies. I use them since Corky was diagnosed 5 years ago, we have many knowledgeable members in may subjects and illnesses willing to help you. this site saves cats' lives, please keep posting, we are here for you. This Forum is a life savior, just ask me!! please keep posting we re here for you. It gets better, I promise! 🫶 🫶

Financial Help Links
 
Hello thank you for your kind words. Im needing to find a foster for them. I can not keep them. I will be in a world of trouble!!!!!!! Its imperative I find them somewhere to land. Im willing to pay for absolutely anything for their care food insulin.. whatever. Drive them to wherever. Im extremely desperate. Extremely!! Please help help these poor cats that has had their lives turned upside down in soooo many ways. Thank to for your time.
 
I have no idea where to start. Its just so difficult because they are older and diabetic. If you know of any i may contact..please let me. I appreciate your help. Thank you
 
I think people would be able to give better recommendations of cat sanctuaries and shelters to contact if they knew what country and/or state the cats are in. For example, I adopted my diabetic senior cat from a shelter here in the Northeast but I’m guessing they don’t have the resources to transport and foster a cat from California or Canada for example.
 
Oh sure ...we are in Illinois, USA but I will drive them to wherever. Im willing to sponsor them as well. Thank you
 
Here’s one I spoke to a long time ago to inquire in case Something would happen to me. Good luck😉🫶
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6237.png
    IMG_6237.png
    319.5 KB · Views: 9
Yes ive been in contact with them. Ive contacted 36 rescues and sanctuaries today. So far no one is able to take them in sadly. Idk what to do. Thank you for the help
I’m based in MA so we’re a little further away but I’ll reach out to a couple shelters as well, including where I adopted Moonie, who was in the same place as the kitties you’ve posted about. She was a diabetic senior who came to the shelter when her first owner had to move into an assisted living facility.
 
I am, but I do not have anyone I know at the moment. I went through this when my grandpa passed away a few years ago. It is so hard. Really hoping you can find someone ❤️
 
Rural Erie Illinois near Moline illinois. 2 hours west of Chicago. But i am willing to drive absolutely anywhere!!!!!
 
I’m based in MA so we’re a little further away but I’ll reach out to a couple shelters as well, including where I adopted Moonie, who was in the same place as the kitties you’ve posted about. She was a diabetic senior who came to the shelter when her first owner had to move into an assisted living facility.
This is just something you dont think about. Its soooo sad. I never ever thought about where my pets will go after I die. Im sure my client never did either. It was so sudden. These poor cats lives have been uprooted in many different forms. Thank you for everyone's help. Im really desperate to get them placed. And I would be happy to drive them to MA if need be. Thank you again
 
Another thought - I’ve seen special needs cats get placed when the poster has been willing to post on every single state / major city / cat subreddit with some good photos and a tear-jerking story (which this one has).
 
This is just something you dont think about. Its soooo sad. I never ever thought about where my pets will go after I die. Im sure my client never did either. It was so sudden. These poor cats lives have been uprooted in many different forms. Thank you for everyone's help. Im really desperate to get them placed. And I would be happy to drive them to MA if need be. Thank you again
I wish you the best in trying to rehome them, and I applaud your kindness. Finding homes for healthy cats is hard enough (I have three I desperately tried to rehome as kittens—they are still with me, three years later), but finding homes for elderly, diabetic cats is super difficult. I have five cats, and can’t manage another one. I’m sure you’ve checked with Pet Peace of Mind.
 
Another thought - I’ve seen special needs cats get placed when the poster has been willing to post on every single state / major city / cat subreddit with some good photos and a tear-jerking story (which this one has).
Thabk you I just sent an email to the best friends rescue. Thats 37 I have sent out. Its just crazy to me that I can not find a placement for them. Heck id be happy to place just 1. They both dont need to go together. Im praying!
 
Thabk you I just sent an email to the best friends rescue. Thats 37 I have sent out. Its just crazy to me that I can not find a placement for them. Heck id be happy to place just 1. They both dont need to go together. Im praying!
Fingers crossed! I really hope that you can find them both a good home and I’ll keep you posted.
 
Have you talked to Pet Angel Adoption & Rescue based in Michigan? They only take seniors / special needs / bonded pairs because they know they're most at risk. If they aren't able to accept these two, they can definitely help point you in the right direction.

You might have already have spoken with them but Catcade in Chicago often takes cats with serious medical conditions.

And you could also try My Grandfather's Cat rescue - they're based in Canada so it's unlikely that they can take the cats, but they might be able to connect you to a foster in the US, or help you find a rescue in IL that will keep them safe.

Tabby's Place in NJ is another place that cares for special needs cats.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top