George 10/8/2026 AMPS 103 - +3 83

borg the gorb

Member Since 2026
George 10/7/2026 AMPS 153 - 102 - 84 - 142 -Bloodwork results

George is enjoying the new food, i decided id give him half of a 5.5oz of the purina renal in the morning and half at night, id rather him not eat a full can at once due to the sheer amount of carbs. He seems to be good on the transition too, no diarrhea or vomiting, but im keeping an eye on him and his BG regardless. He normally graze feeds his wet food over the course of 3 hours, though I try not to leave it out for longer than that. Hes such a messy eater 🤣
 

Attachments

  • 20261008_085758.jpg
    20261008_085758.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 5
Glad to hear you are watching him like a hawk. Since 0.5 units recently got him under 50, I'd be worried about the 1.0 units. But maybe that will balance with the higher carb food. I'm surprised with a normal fructosamine on the blood work that the vet wanted the dose increased.

When you had the blood test, and the urine drawn for the test, what time of day was it? His specific gravity is low, but will be if later in the day. Best time for a urine draw is first thing in the morning.
 
Glad to hear you are watching him like a hawk. Since 0.5 units recently got him under 50, I'd be worried about the 1.0 units. But maybe that will balance with the higher carb food. I'm surprised with a normal fructosamine on the blood work that the vet wanted the dose increased.

When you had the blood test, and the urine drawn for the test, what time of day was it? His specific gravity is low, but will be if later in the day. Best time for a urine draw is first thing in the morning.
It was morning around 9:30am
 
Back
Top