Fluffy's Special Story

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Scarlette & Fluffy, May 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarlette & Fluffy

Scarlette & Fluffy Member

@Suzanne & Darcy

In late 2005 I found a stray cat in my yard and I took her in . A short time later in mid January 2006 she gave birth. Fluffy was the cutest baby cat ever so full of personality. As he got older I allowed him to be an indoor outdoor cat and every time I came home he would hear my car and he would race across the street or from the backyard as I live on the corner and jump on the hood of my car get on my roof and look down at me and as I was getting out of the car we just had a special connection. He always greeted me when I got home. All of my cats were fixed as babies. They all came in overnight.

In May of 2010 I was going on a trip and I needed someone to watch my cats so fluffy and two others went to a friend that lived 45 minutes away. Fluffy pee'd on my lap, that should have been my first sign I should not have left him. He snuck out the very same evening never to return for months I went up there every week looking and calling and crying. My precious boy was gone.

I cried for months & months! if a cat could be your soulmate fluffy was that for me. We had a special connection for sure.

In the meanwhile, at Christmas time in 2007 my daughter brought me home little white Persian kitten with one green eye and one blue eye. I didn't quite have the connection with him that I had with fluff but he sure was cute. I named him tweedles because he always made a sound that I could only describe as a tweedling sound.

In 2019 my daughter saw on a FB post that she was a member of that a rescue had a maincoon cat. She called me immediately and said she believed she found fluffy I was a little hesitant cause the ride to the rescue was a bit of a drive away. The journey required me picking up my daughter which was an hour away and then driving another 30 minutes from where she lived to the rescue place.

My daughter explained that that was her mother's cat and they held her before they publicized it until we came to look at it at a scheduled appointment. We got there and having waited for a lil while, we were taken in the back to see Fluffy. Nine long years had passed. Fluffy was only 4 when he went missing. We get to his kennel where he'd only been there for a lil longer than 1 day. The woman stated that he did not like other cats because he was being verbal. I called him by his name and I honestly believe he recognized my voice I held him he squirmed but fluffy never did like to be held he would sit on your lap but you can't snuggle him he does not like to be held. My daughter and I felt confident that this was my long loved fluffy. I was under the understanding that I would not have to pay adoption fees should this be my cat and I described him and it was accurate but they charged me $75 anyway which my daughter put up the money for me.

What a miracle! I took fluffy home put him in a kennel for 18 hours some of the cats were his litter mates some of them were new.

After 18 hours I let him have the run of the house. There was never one single fierce full blown rival cat fight even among the males or his little brother tweedles. Fluffy followed me around the house jumping up on my lap even while sitting on the toilet. As strange as it sounds he recognizes this house. He went to the spots on the woodwork where the cats all used to sharpen their claws and he sharpened his claws as if to remember a dejavu.

I no longer let him outside. All of my cats now are strictly indoor because of my stupid neighbors who like to be cruel to animals.

Fluffy continues to be a lap cat and follow me to every room I go in. He's my special boy. As a kitten I had a full canopy bed netting a friend gave to me. I like to refer to that as an Egyptian type decor. Fluff thought it was a jungle gym. He climbed up that thing and was on top of that net above my head as I lay in bed looking at him playing it was the most hilarious moments of time ever. I took some video of him but if I ever can get those kinds of things off my computer which no longer works they would be some great joyous memories.

I was also able to be in contact with the woman that took fluffy to that rescue. She owns a business in which fluffy was hanging out at for quite some time. They really liked him and they had a cat at home. They took fluffy home to keep him but fluffy did not get along with their cat so they felt that they needed to just take him to the rescue. I still am in contact with that woman to this day and from time to time will message her and send her a picture of fluffy. Of course, she had a different name for fluffy which I cannot recall cuz he's always fluffy to me. I wish fluffy could talk. I would love to know what all he did and where he was in the last nine years. I've had him back for like two and a half years now.

It was my miracle and I believe God brought Fluffy back to me. There's no other explanation.

I hope you enjoyed fluffy and my story. It still brings tears to my eyes even writing this story and recounting the sorrow and the joy of all the took place.

He's my ❤️. My special boy!

PS..Fluffy is a Maine Coon mix.

@Scdal

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Wow. It truly is amazing that you were reunited with Fluffy. What a sweet and special boy. ❤️❤️ Thank you for sharing this!

Scarlette & Fluffy likes this.
  3. Lando demando

Lando demando Well-Known Member

4. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Lando demando likes this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Unbelievable story , brought tears to my eyes, I'm so so happy you two were reunited :bighug::bighug::bighug::cat:

Scarlette & Fluffy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.