Finally got carb amounts from Purina

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peggy & Clawdius, Jul 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peggy & Clawdius

Peggy & Clawdius Member

I have been trying for a while now to get carb amounts from the company for the Friskies canned foods my sugarbaby likes to eat. I finally (after 3 emails, the last of which was a little snotty, a phone call and a conversation on their website!) got these. I have thanked them nicely and asked for the protein and carb amounts for all the Friskies and Fancy Feast flavours. I'll let you know if I get anything back.

Friskies® Cat Food Paté Chef's Dinner - 2.1% as fed OR 9.0% dry matter
    Friskies® Cat Food Paté Chicken Dinner - 1.7% as fed OR 7.3% dry matter
    Friskies® Cat Food Paté Mariners Catch - 2.0% as fed OR 8.5% dry matter
    Friskies® Paté Ocean Whitefish & Tuna Dinner - 1.7% as fed OR 6.8% dry matter
    Friskies® Poultry Platter - this was discontinued
    Friskies® Cat Food Paté Salmon Dinner -1.6% as fed OR 6.7% dry matter
    Friskies® Cat Food Paté Seafood Supreme -1.6% as fed OR 6.8% dry matter
    Friskies® Cat Food Paté Turkey & Giblets Dinner -1.6% as fed OR 6.9% dry matter

roxyboxy likes this.
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

That’s great information. Thanks

Peggy & Clawdius likes this.
  3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Are the carb % % of calories from carbs or the weight %?
    I say weight % since if they were % calories from carbs the % would be the same for as fed and dry matter.

4. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Well-Known Member

Wow, good work. How are you all doing? I don't see recent data on your spreadsheet. Keep at it, will you? I know it's tough, but if you do everyone can help you faster with all the readings and food data all in one place.

5. Susan Pomo

Susan Pomo Member

Thank you for this list!

Peggy & Clawdius likes this.
  6. Peggy & Clawdius

Peggy & Clawdius Member

I have just started my new job and with that, looking after my dad and Clawdius I just haven't been updating the spreadsheet. He is doing well. I will be switching over to syringes as soon as I can so that I can change his doses by less than 1 unit at a time. Also, I don't like wasting so much insulin by having to prime the pen. I am glad that I started out with the pen though because it made the shots much easier to get used to with my needle phobia. I will be doing another curve next week so will try to update then.

smorgasbord likes this.
  7. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Well-Known Member

Glad he's doing well, and hopefully you are too with everything life is throwing at you. Wasted insulin is fine for getting used to it! Better than no shots at all hah. Even if your spreadsheet isn't updated, I'm sure if you have any problems you'll still get quick advice here.
    Good luck with the curve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.