Fancy Feast out of stock?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Christina & Kitty Cat, Feb 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christina & Kitty Cat

Christina & Kitty Cat Member

Anyone else finding that fancy feast classic pate is out of stock? I'm looking online on chewy, walmart, and amazon, and they're all out of stock (or priced wayyyy up on amazon). I'm halfway through my last box of cans so I'm considering just buying a different brand.

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I've read people on here having a hard time finding it. With that said I see it at walmart.com (here's one pack) and I see it available on target.com (here's one pack).

@Diane Tyler's Mom do you still feed Tyler FF Classic pates? Are you having trouble finding it too?

Hope that helps :bighug:

Christina & Kitty Cat likes this.
  3. Christina & Kitty Cat

If you try to check out with the walmart one it tells you it's out of stock :( I'll try target!
    Update: target worked! $19.59/24 pk
    Thanks Susanne! I wonder what's up with it being hard to find lately.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Christina,

I've read a number of reports here recently about FF scarcities in recent months. Chewy's were out of stock of several Friskies patés a couple of weeks ago. I wonder whether the shortages may be due to problems caused by the pandemic. We've seen similar issues in Europe.

Mogs

5. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

There was a conversation about this on the FD FB site and someone contacted Purina and it is on their end. No estimate as to when FF & Friskies will be back in stock. An alternate site (directly from Purina) is called My Fancy Feast.com where you can customize the 24 or larger can box. I am nearly out so I ordered a box. A little more expensive but free shipping.

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hey Susanne, yes I still feed Tyler FF Classic Pates
    My supermarket was out of it for quite awhile but all of a sudden it's
    back on the shelves. Most all of the flavors are back

JaxBenji and Critter Mom like this.
  7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

It's due to a lack of aluminum to make cans out of.

upload_2021-2-26_17-0-52.png

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  8. THH & Snowcrash (GA)

THH & Snowcrash (GA) Member

:eek: That's worrisome!

Christina & Kitty Cat likes this.
  9. Christina & Kitty Cat

Wow, I hadn't considered how deep this went!

Critter Mom likes this.
  10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

That’s crazy. I have lots of aloud Aluminum cans I want to recycle but no place to take them due to the pandemic.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  11. Karen&Rocket

Karen&Rocket Member

Rocket’s favorite flavor is Turkey & Giblets, which like many other FF flavors has been sold out for a while. I’ve had good luck with the turkey variety of Tiny Tiger pate (Chewy’s house brand). Actually I think Rocket likes it better than the FF. It’s around $14 for a case of 24, and Chewy will usually give refunds if it doesn’t work out.

12. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

With FF Classic Seafood Feast currently unfindable except at extortionate prices, I am tempted to try the Tiny Tiger Seafood paté. Which by ingredients and GA looks to be a total clone of what has long been my cats' single favorite food. Though I vary with some other FF patés and a couple Weruva flavors.

I've had to scramble a bit to get the other FF patés we eat. The Purina direct sales site did yield FF Cod, Sole & Shrimp, another frequent feed here.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    Karen&Rocket likes this.
  13. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

I had luck with target today the only flavor I needed they didn’t have is turkey but I got chicken

Critter Mom likes this.
  14. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Thanks for posting that MyFancyFeast info, I just ordered from there.
    And thanks @Red & Rover (GA) for directing me to this thread -- I'm having trouble getting Perry's favorites from FF and ProPlan True Nature. Hopefully I'll at least be able to get his beloved FF through MyFancyFeast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.