Fancy Feast Classic Pate Typical Nutrient Composition

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Corey & Kitty, Apr 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

Hi everyone,

Dr. Pierson's food chart is great, but the information is a bit outdated seeing that it was compiled around five years ago.

I personally feed my Kitty Fancy Feast Classic Pate and I see many members of this forum do as well.

I recently contacted Purina regarding the typical nutrient analysis of the classic pate varieties. At first they were not helpful, giving me a generic response to contact my vet regarding my cat's nutrition, but I persisted and told them that my vet doesn't have time to analyze the nutrient contents of cat foods.

Much to my surprise, after a few days I received an email containing three PDF files, one for seafood varieties, one for beef varieties, and one for chicken varieties. Each PDF contains two pages; the first page contains as fed values and the second page contains dry matter values. The files are dated from October of 2021, so the information is much more recent.

I want to share this information with everyone so I attached the files to this post and also uploaded them to my Google Drive here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ugQbi8V7mIsCAoL4OtDScmx1MEc0n6Jr

Attached Files:

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for these. I’ll tag @Wendy&Neko as she may like to put them somewhere else as updated information is great to have.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

There may be a difference in the way the carb percent is calculated that yields different numbers. It's also possible that FF has changed it's formulation.

Dr. Lisa does not keep the list completely up to date. It is an incredible amount of work to get the information alone. As you encountered, the manufacturers do not routinely make information public. Only a few companies have complete, as fed information on their website. In most cases you have to call and badger the company. Multiply this by all of the companies and varieties of food that are on Dr. Lisa's list.

There may be a means of contacting her and passing the information you received along. She does periodically update the list.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  4. Scarlette & Fluffy

Scarlette & Fluffy Member

Thank you for sharing!

5. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

So I want to share some more info. I have been going back and forth with Mars Petcare USA about their Sheba cat food, since it is what I'm currently feeding Kitty, trying to get current TNA information from them. They have not been as easy to deal with as Purina was. Mars would not give me entire charts like Purina did as they said it would be revealing their proprietary secret recipes. However, they said they would provide me with certain nutrient information so I asked for protein, fat, carbohydrate, and phosphorus info. They provided me with this information, which they call "expected analysis", copied and pasted from the email they sent me:

Sheba Premium Pate:
    The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Pate in Natural Juices Delicate Salmon Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 46.03% Protein, 34.59% Fat, 6.66% Carbohydrate, and 2.03% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA ERFECT PORTIONS™ Pate in Natural Juices Gourmet Chicken & Tuna Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 46.48% Protein, 39.40% Fat, 4.27% Carbohydrate, and 1.41% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Pate in Natural Juices Roasted Chicken & Liver Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 46.48% Protein, 39.40% Fat, 4.27% Carbohydrate, and 1.41% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Pate in Natural Juices Roasted Turkey Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 43.68% Protein, 43.32% Fat, 3.17% Carbohydrate, and 1.16% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Pate in Natural Juices Savory Chicken Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 46.48% Protein, 39.40% Fat, 4.27% Carbohydrate, and 1.41% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Pate in Natural Juices Signature Seafood Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 54.17% Protein, 30.65% Fat, 4.95% Carbohydrate, and 1.62% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Pate in Natural Juices Tender Beef Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 58.62% Protein, 29.22% Fat, 3.28% Carbohydrate, and 1.08% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Pate in Natural Juices Tender Whitefish & Tuna Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 54.17% Protein, 30.65% Fat, 4.95% Carbohydrate, and 1.62% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Pate with Sustainable Tuna Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 50.38% Protein, 34.07% Fat, 4.51% Carbohydrate, and 1.78% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

Sheba Cuts in Gravy:

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Cuts in Gravy Delicate Whitefish & Tuna has an expected analysis of approximately 58.38% Protein, 25.95% Fat, 0.32% Carbohydrate**, and 2% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

**This value may have been a typo on their part. All the rest of the cuts in gravy have carbohydrate values of around 12-15% so I'm not sure why this one would be so much lower so I would be skeptical of that value.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Cuts in Gravy Gourmet Salmon Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 53.48% Protein, 21.80% Fat, 12.49% Carbohydrate, and 1.59% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Cuts in Gravy Roasted Chicken & Beef Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 46.04% Protein, 27.74% Fat, 12.61% Carbohydrate, and 1.66% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Cuts in Gravy Roasted Chicken Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 46.04% Protein, 27.74% Fat, 12.61% Carbohydrate, and 1.66% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Cuts in Gravy Salmon & Seafood Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 46.04% Protein, 27.74% Fat, 12.61% Carbohydrate, and 1.66% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Cuts in Gravy Savory Mixed Grill Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 46.04% Protein, 27.74% Fat, 12.61% Carbohydrate, and 1.66% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Cuts in Gravy Signature Salmon & Shrimp Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 53.48% Protein, 21.80% Fat, 12.49% Carbohydrate, and 1.59% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Cuts in Gravy Tender Trout Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 45.75% Protein, 27.80% Fat, 14.52% Carbohydrate, and 1.45% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Cuts in Gravy Tender Turkey Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 49.09% Protein, 26.34% Fat, 11.40% Carbohydrate, and 1.57% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Cuts in Gravy Tuna & Shrimp Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 53.26% Protein, 21.57% Fat, 13% Carbohydrate, and 1.55% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

The SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS™ Cuts in Gravy with Sustainable Tuna Entrée has an expected analysis of approximately 53.26% Protein, 21.57% Fat, 13% Carbohydrate, and 1.55% Phosphorus on a dry matter basis.

6. Scarlette & Fluffy

Scarlette & Fluffy Member

Thank you!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.