? Dora +9 45/47 Freestyle 79 AlphaTrack

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dora the Explorer, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Last post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-28-dora-update-late-nadir.245383/

yikes!

She’s acting fine. I hesitated to go up to the 4 units again but she had some numbers in the 200s so I figured she must be high again. Some of the freestyle strips have failed and that’s what happened this morning. I did that and the AT and let her go when they both beeped but the Freestyle never gave a reading. AT was so high that I figured why bother poking her again and gave her four units.

So she was 115 at lunch and now close to hypo. I say close because on AT she’s 79. I fed her some FF with Dr. Elsey’s on top and she gobbled it. She’s not due for her shot for 2 1/2 hours.

update: 30 minutes after eating she’s at 91 (127 AT)

Help. What to do?

Thanks!

Jane and D

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    Reason for edit: Update
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Test again 30 minutes after the last test and see where she is.

3. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Ok she’s at 135 (205 AT). She may have also stolen a piece of grilled chicken with teriyaki sauce off of the counter but you didn’t hear that from me. It also may or may not have been eaten at all.

her shot is due in an hour and a half. I’ll leave her till then but what to do -

4. carfurby (GA)

How long since she last ate?

5. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Probably about an hour maybe a little more. She ate after the low readings at 6:00 and it’s 7:24 now. Shot was about 8:50am.

6. carfurby (GA)

Her PMPS should not be food influenced. She may bounce. The question is can you stay up and monitor tonight, and do you have plenty of supplies? I can't stay up with you all night, but I can hang out for about 2 1/2 more hours.

7. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

I’m nervous to risk it overnight - we can get up but can’t really do every couple of hours. I’m nervous with the four units, it’s so much. So if she’s low and I give her four units, isn’t that a lot? By 8:30 she will not have eaten in two hours. Right now she is food influenced.

What if I give her a half dose tonight? I hate to lose ground but I’m not comfortable bringing her down so low.

8. carfurby (GA)

You can give the half dose, but the depot may influence tonight's cycle and you still may need to test. By PMPS she may be bouncing and you may feel more comfortable shooting the whole dose.

9. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Ok I’ll see - because I looked back at 2020 and I have had her at 79 on AT before so this isn’t the lowest ever. The freestyle lows scare me which is why I pull out the AT for reference. She usually doesn’t drop low till later in the cycle so overnights are usually ok. Regardless her dose will drop from 4, correct?

the reason her shot is at 9 is because of the two hour stall when she was first low on these higher doses. I’m trying to work back to 7 but it’s not going well!

Thanks! I’ll be back in an hour plus.

10. carfurby (GA)

If the 45/47 was on the human meter, she has not earned a reduction. Dora is a long term diabetic now and earns a reduction if she goes below 40.

11. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

12. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

With TR you shoot anything over 50. She has not earned a reduction being a long term diabetic. The no food rule is reserved for newbies or if still coming down and low at PMPS.

13. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

I liked it better when you said I could use 70 as my low!

14. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It’s up to you.

15. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

When was Dora diagnosed? Your Signature and SS says April 2020 so she's still within a year of diagnosis but both Carla and Elise mentioned that she is a long term diabetic, so I am quite confused. What am I missing?

16. carfurby (GA)

I was thinking it was April already, but it is tomorrow.

17. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

April is correct, she’s coming up on one year.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  18. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Also I just looked at Dora's spreadsheet for the first time in a while from a PC. It looks like when I created the 2021 tab, it advanced the header to say "Diagnosed April 2021" (or I did that!) So each year claimed she was diagnosed in its month of April, but the truth is it was April 2020. She is hanging in the blues today for the most part after a bit if a spike after the low lows yesterday. Will see what her dinnertime numbers are, she is asleep in the window as usual.

Bandit's Mom likes this.