Did I switch to fast to Wet food?

OneSebastian

Member Since 2026
My boy was diagnosed last week. Switched him to FF from kibbles. Multiple people said there’s 2 methods, mix the two and ween him off kibbles or if he likes the wet food you can just switch. He love the FF so I just switched him over.
It’s been 4 days now. He puked a little watery right after eating yesterday once. And once this morning. His numbers are low 100’s (SS below.)
He acting just fine. Is this concerning? Or is his tummy just adapting? Or eating too fast?
Thank youuuu!
 
No is not concerning, he probably has an upset stomach from a quick transition, let me tag a member that can assist you with Lantus dosing, I do not give dosing advice
@Wendy&Neko
Dosing advice
 
Please note he’s strictly on FF diet currently. He will be on Lantus once insulin is started. Was told to get him regulated on the diet first to get accurate numbers. His number have progressed wonderfully just off the diet.
 
his levels after switching look great, a non-diabetic cats' glucose level is between 50-120, he might not need insulin if he stays in these numbers. You're doing a great job with Winston! ;)
 
Some cats take longer to switch than others. This post has some ideas:
Having said that, I switched my Neko to raw and thought I'd do it over a week or so, and she took to it right away. With no issues. I did start her on probiotics at the time to give her some tummy support.

The food switch seems to be treating him well! How many times are you feeding per day? Just wondering if more smaller meals might help if you are feeding just a couple times.
 
Some cats take longer to switch than others. This post has some ideas:
Having said that, I switched my Neko to raw and thought I'd do it over a week or so, and she took to it right away. With no issues. I did start her on probiotics at the time to give her some tummy support.

The food switch seems to be treating him well! How many times are you feeding per day? Just wondering if more smaller meals might help if you are feeding just a couple times.
Thanks for the response!
He eating 1/2 can FF every 4ish hours. 4 times a day total. A little freeze dried treat here and there to help with prick confidence.
 
Back
Top