GA Diane's 'Bailey' Has Gone

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Elizabeth and Bertie, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Diane’s beautiful Bailey has gone.

I spoke to Diane on the phone yesterday evening.
    She asked that I post here to let people know what had happened. She knows that folks here will understand the extent of her loss.

Bailey’s health deteriorated over a period of days. He first became more withdrawn. Then he developed breathing problems, and it became evident that he had a considerable build-up of fluid in his system. The vet said that any treatment would only keep Bailey going for a few days more. So, Diane had to make the heart-breaking decision to let him go.

Diane wanted me to say that Bailey only lived as long as he did because of the advice and support on this forum. Her vet said that FDMB knew far more about feline diabetes than he did (during his training he only had one day on feline diabetes. ) And he thought Diane did an amazing job of managing Bailey’s diabetes, especially given Bailey’s other health issues.

Diane asked that I pass on her thanks to the whole FDMB community. She has valued FDMB enormously. And she particularly wanted to thank Julie @julie & punkin (ga) and Wendy @Wendy&Neko for the help they gave her throughout Bailey’s diabetes journey.
    Diane also found a wonderful friend here in Anna @anna and bailey.uk england , who lives nearby. And it is certain their friendship will endure.

Diane has been incredibly devoted to her dear Bailey. And she will miss him enormously.
    Please keep her in your prayers at this difficult time.

Bailey (3).jpg

Fly free sweet Bailey. :rb_icon:

Eliz

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    BaileyUK likes this.
  2. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

Please extend my deepest sympathies to her and huge hugs....

I will add her to my prayers tonight....

Bailey my dear, before you run off and play with all the kitties at the Rainbow Bridge, please remember to send your momma a sign that you made it safely there!

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

BaileyUK likes this.
  3. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Fly Free, Sweet Bailey! You and Diane danced the SugarDance well together.

Be brave now in your loss, Diane. Remember that you have already done the hardest thing in letting Bailey go in Peace.

[​IMG]

BaileyUK likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Diane))) I am so sorry it was handsome Bailey's time to go. :bighug::bighug: You were such a devoted momma to him. I shall always smile when I remember your story of him playing through the stair railings with you.

Tonight I look to the sky for that new star which will be shining ever so brightly. Fly free Bailey and give your momma a sign when you make to the Bridge. cat_wings>o

Thanks for posting this Eliz.

BaileyUK likes this.
  5. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry Diane to hear of the loss of Bailey, sending hugs and prayers for peace and comfort at this very sad time :bighug:

BaileyUK likes this.
  6. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

I'm so very very sorry to see this. Elizabeth, do please pass on the heartfelt sympathies of all of us here who love our kitties with all our hearts and for whom life is never quite the same again without them... even though the boundless love we shared lives on for ever in our hearts...

Thinking of Diane and sending her gentle hugs.

Diana

BaileyUK likes this.
  7. Millie and Cooper

Millie and Cooper Member

I am new to FDMB and didn't witness your journey with Bailey, but I am tremendously sorry for your loss.

BaileyUK likes this.
  8. Karen & Rudy

Karen & Rudy Member

I'm so sorry for her loss :-( hugs

BaileyUK likes this.
  9. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry....sending prayers and our deepest sympathies:bighug::bighug::bighug:...

BaileyUK likes this.
  10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

So sorry. Extend my sympathies as well.

BaileyUK likes this.
  11. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

It is so sad to see a beloved furbaby have to cross the bridge. Sometimes no matter how hard you fight to keep them healthy and give them a quality of life, there is too much stacked up against them. What a wonderful job you did dealing with Bailey's diabetes and all the other health problems. You most certainly gave Bailey time and quality with all your care.

May your memories of the happy times with Bailey bring you strength and peace to help get through this sad time.

(( :bighug: :bighug: ))

BaileyUK likes this.
  12. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that it was Bailey's time to go. He couldn't have had a better bean. Hugs to you.
    Liz

BaileyUK likes this.
  13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Fly free Bailey. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

BaileyUK likes this.
  14. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Diane, i'm so terribly sorry to hear this. You've been heroic in your care of Bailey, and I am certain he had a longer life because of your devotion to him through all the ups and downs of his diabetes. Know that you did everything you could - and that's all any of us can do.

Sending my heartfelt sympathy to you and wishes for you to find peace. I know how hard this is - you know we understand the depth of your loss. :bighug:

Fly free little Bailey. We'll remember you.

[​IMG]

15. JuJu09

JuJu09 Member

So sorry for your loss, Diane. We will all miss your sweet, handsome Bailey. :bighug:

BaileyUK likes this.
  16. girlboheme

girlboheme Member

I'm new here but my heart breaks for Diane. Please tell her that she and Bailey are on my prayers. Reading that brought me to tears.

BaileyUK likes this.
  17. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. You have been an amazing mamabean.:bighug:

BaileyUK likes this.
  18. phlika29

phlika29 Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry to hear this. Diane was such a wonderful mama to Bailey. i am sure their bond couldn't have been stronger.

I always loved seeing his photo, he seemed such a noble cat and wise cat.

Fly free Bailey and land softly.

BaileyUK likes this.
  19. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

So sorry for the loss.

BaileyUK likes this.
  20. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers

BaileyUK likes this.
  21. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry that it was Bailey's time. I watched many of his condos .
    Fly Free Bailey.
    [​IMG]

BaileyUK likes this.
  22. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Bailey

{{hugs}}

BaileyUK likes this.
  23. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of Bailey's passing

Diane did an amazing job of keeping him as healthy as possible and when it was time to make the most loving decision to let him go, she only thought of him.

Fly free sweet Bailey, and land softly cat_wings>o

BaileyUK likes this.
  24. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

Fred and I offer our deepest sympathies.

BaileyUK likes this.
  25. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((Diane))) I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Bailey. Believe it or not, yours was one of the first condos I read when Tiger and I landed here last year. Bailey was a regal presence! Fly free sweetie, and land softly- you were so loved!
    heartcandle.jpg

BaileyUK likes this.
  26. marniepaul & miles

marniepaul & miles Member

Rest easy, dear Bailey. Send your mom a sign of the peace and contentment you feel at the Bridge, where you are in the company of the finest sugarcats ever.

BaileyUK likes this.
  27. BaileyUK

BaileyUK Member

Hi everyone

Diane's son / Bailey's dad Barnes here.

Posting on behalf of Diane as sadness consumes us both.

Thank you Elizabeth for all the endless support you gave Diane and for posting such kind words on our behalf.

Thanks also to EVERYONE on here and in particular all those who helped us on our journey.

We are so very grateful for all the help everyone gave us on here, we were completely at a loss when B was first diagnosed following bad advice from vets who wanted to keep him on dog insulin and blind dose him. We hadn't the first clue about diabetes and it was only thanks to this forum that we were able to keep our little boy with us for another few precious years.

Attaching a picture of Bails in his prime a majestic and wise cat and the best friend anyone could ever ask for.

In the end it was HCM that led to his demise, he became so poorly we had to make the heartbreaking decision to let him go. Peacefully. At home with his mum and dad beside him. bails x.jpg

RIP our little boy we love you and will never forget you.

X

28. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

How handsome. My condolences. May I ask what is HCM?

BaileyUK likes this.
  29. BaileyUK

BaileyUK Member

Thanks Jamye

HCM is a thickening of the heart muscle some breeds are predisposed to develop it, it's a genetic condition passed on from the parents.

30. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

What a gorgeous picture.

I am so sorry for your loss (((((((Big Hugs)))))))) I know how you feel.

BaileyUK likes this.
  31. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

Oh wow. I'm so, so sorry.

32. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

Beautiful picture of a beautiful boy.
    Thinking of Bailey's family and wrapping them in gentle healing hugs.
    Diana

33. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

That's such a gorgeous photo of him.

Thanks for posting, Barnes! Your mom had mentioned that she was taking care of him for you - you made a great team and Bailey had a good life. :bighug:

34. JuJu09

JuJu09 Member

Beautiful photo. Majestic, indeed! Fly free cat_wings>o

35. anna and bailey.uk england

anna and bailey.uk england Member

Im literally sobbing at all of these posts. this makes me so very sad reading all of this :-( its been a long tough journey for diane and barnes the last few months and I cant even imagine what theyre going through.
    ive met the most amazing friend through all of this and can only be there but it doesn't take the heartache away for her! bailey was so poorly towards the end and they both did EVERYTHING they could to make his little life as comfortable as possible but at the end, the kindest decision was the toughest!

youre all amazing and without all of you guys, both our baileys wouldn't have been here. I cant thanku enough.xxx

p.s edited to say ....my baileys doing great. it sounded like hed gone too.he hasn't hes thriving!

36. SuePea

SuePea Member

Diane, I am so sorry... Bailey was a beautiful cat and my heart is breaking for you and BJ both..

37. Vintry

Vintry Member

Oh, Bailey, he was so beautiful. Diane, be strong! You and your family did all you could for Bailey! He's been a very lucky cat to have you, truly! I wish you all the best and want to say thank you for not only being there for your cat but also for all our kitties on this forum :) this means a lot. We are all a family here :) HUGS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.