Day 4 of pricking, numbers question!

OneSebastian

Member Since 2026
Okay, I’ve posted a few times regarding my boy.
Diagnosed one week ago as of today.
His progress has been unbelievable with just the diet to FF.
Where I’m getting concerned is, is his numbers coming down too fast? And are they becoming concerningly low?
Note I have NOT started him on his insulin(Lantus)
which I don’t plan to as of now especially.
His SS is attached below.
Please give any input you have.
Just today, first test 84, +4 81, +8 72.
Thank youuu
 
Hi Marc! I've been watching you guys along with Kim in the Feline Diabetes group and we are all flummoxed as to why your vet pushed insulin on you after seeing these numbers and to tell you to start at 3U is just insane! We're so glad you chose to listen to us and the wonderful folks here!

Those are PERFECT numbers! On a human meter, normal non-diabetic cats BG is between 40-120 with most under 100 (and we even occasionally see a perfectly healthy non-diabetic cat whose BG can run in the 30's (I had one who was routinely in the mid 30's...perfectly healthy)

Looks like all your cat needed was a food change! Keep testing at whatever your PS time is and if he can stay in mostly green for 14 days, he'll be officially in remission!

He'll still always be diabetic....just diet-controlled.
 
Back
Top