Cooper 9/18 +6 104, +8 262, +11 308, PMPS 273, +1 306, +3 177, +5 86, +5.75 145, +6 176, +8 329

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marc & Cooper, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Cooper came up yesterday. Nice that your boss will let you bring him to work.

Marc & Cooper likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

This is great! :)

4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

That IS very nice of your boss. How did Cooper do? With the travel and being in a strange place? At least he had his Dad. :D

5. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

I was very surprised with how good and comfortable he was. He loved all my co workers. Only thing that I will never understand about cooper is that he is perfectly fine for the first car ride but then the second time in one day he is definitely not a fan haha

6. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

@Bandit's Mom so he is at 80 now. Do I just give him another reduction tonight for his pm dose? I will bring him to work with me again to monitor because if he is at 80 now I am thinking he will drop some more at some point.

7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes. With SLGS, every drop below 90 is a reduction.

8. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

I did another test and he’s at 60. I am giving him some high carb as he is starting to be very tired.

9. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

@tiffmaxee

I just want to be sure as I didn’t see anything in the reduction sticky about this other than just that one reading of below 90 gets a reduction, but it is safe to reduce Cooper like I have needed to (twice in 3 days) right? With the way his numbers are now coming down tonight I feel like he may get another reduction either tomorrow or Monday so I just want to be sure that it’s safe.

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

With SLGS you decrease even if back to back. It’s one of the reasons I prefer TR. With past DKA I would like to see what others think. I would feed mc to avoid those drops though.

11. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

I thought there was a sticky that classified what was considered LC, MC and HC foods but I can’t seem to find that.

Do you recommend just changing his pre shot diet to a MC food and leave his snack as LC or maybe the other way around?

12. tiffmaxee

If he starts lower than usual, blue or green, I would give mc to start. I liked feeding based upon each test result. If starting yellow or higher start with lc.
    LC under 10%.
    MC 10-20%
    HC ABOVE 20%

That being said a very carb sensitive cat might find 9% mc. It’s really learning how you cat responds with carbs. The carb percentages are kind of averages. We rely upon the information we get from the label. The food is made in large quantity so can vary a little by batch. Don’t get too hung up on that.

13. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

He seems to be coming down pretty good with his +5 of 86. I’m assuming it’s best to give him some MC now and I’ll drop his dose again in the am?

14. tiffmaxee

15. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

I just gave him some Fancy Feast gravy lovers which is 20% carbs. It’s too late to get some MC food in but I’ll run out tomorrow early and grab some 13% carb food to have in and start as his pre-shot meals going forward with his new 2.75U dose.

16. tiffmaxee

You can mix lc with a very small amount of hc to get mc. Theses percentages aren’t exact.