Cooper 9/17 +12 71, +12.25 73, AMPS 74, +1 97, +2.25 143, +6 250, +8.5 316, PMPS 298, +3 305, +6 272

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marc & Cooper, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

When did he last eat? If he hasn't eaten in a while, he might just be lower after stalling. Let's see.

Congrats on the reduction! :)

3. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

He ate his usual 3/4 LC meal at +6 and then actually at +7 right before I went to bed I have him the last 1/4 of the can of LC wet. I am trying to figure out what’s best. If he starts to rise I know I give him his reduction dose with his meal. What if he stays under 90? I know you said I shouldn’t skip a dose since he’s post DKA.

4. Bandit's Mom

Yes, you do not skip a dose with DKA. Normally you would stall and see if the numbers comes over 90 and then shoot. If he drops or stays falt after a stall, you would feed very little (1/2sp) LC and test every 20-30 mins till he starts rising and then shoot. You don't have the luxury of doing this today.

Are you back at any time for a test? Or next only at PMPS or a little before?

5. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

Unfortunately only a little before PMPS.. I can try to leave early from work again like I did that last day.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

@Bandit's Mom he has only gone up to 73. I can also bring him to my work too..

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Bandit's Mom

The other problem with stalling more is that your schedule gets disrupted and I don't think you can accommodate that?

8. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

well now that my fiancé can give him his dose our time for his injection is technically ok to change, but she still is not able to test. I feel so bad he is crying and so hungry…

I do have to get on the road in the next 5-10 minutes.

9. Bandit's Mom

Feed him LC.

10. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

we are doing that now. Should I give him the reduction dose and bring him to work? Should I hold off on the dose and bring him with me then test when I get there? I’m about 40 minutes from where I work.

11. Bandit's Mom

You cannot delay the shot because if you do, your schedule will be disrupted for the next few days and there will be no preshot tests - which is not recommended. Normally, I would not advise shooting below 90 with SLGS but considering the DKA, you cannot skip.

Will he be okay with you all day at work? If yes, feed LC and shoot and test every hour.
    If not, do what you did on 9/11 and shoot and feed a little higher carb now and at +1 and +2.

12. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

I can contain him in a small room at work so that should be fine. I will bring his usual plus 6 meal with me and some HC food just in case.

I know with DKA it’s not advised to skip the shot but if I left him home I would be terrified to shoot and leave him even with the feedings at +1 and +2. So I’m thinking I’ll get his stuff ready and bring him with me.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  13. Bandit's Mom

Excellent! Also take enough testing supplies and some of his usual LC food in addition to HC. You may have to feed him a spoon of LC at +1 and +2 also.

Marc & Cooper likes this.
  14. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

yes I am going to bring an insane amount of stuff lol. I also have a Walmart right next to my work so if I need anything else I can get it.

I will give him his dose of 3.25 now and test him once at work

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  15. Bandit's Mom

LOL

Will watch out for your +1. Try and get some work done in between tests. LOL

16. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck, Marc. I'm glad you can take him to work. My Susie would freak out is she was in a carrier in the car for 40 minutes. Hope she does well at the office. Bless you for caring enough to accommodate your boy. I, too, would be worried leaving him.

17. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

it will be a little later than a +1 just because I’m only leaving for work now. I gave him his dose about 30 minutes late so is it ok to keep him at the regular time for his future doses

18. Bandit's Mom

Yes, a 30 min delay is okay. You can shoot at your regular time tonight.

+1 is calculated from the time you actually shot, not the original shot/AMPS time.

Your AMPS would be the test at which you shot. I presume that was 74 today?
    So technically, +12 is 71, +12.25 is 73 and AMPS is 74.

19. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

@Bandit's Mom he is at 97 now but I will still give him half can of LC now.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  20. Bandit's Mom

Looking good. Will he eat more at +2 if he eats half a can now?

21. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

do you think I should give him half now then half at +2 then still give him his +6 meal of 3/4?

22. Bandit's Mom

Yes. just feed him quarter can now and let's see the +2.

23. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

He is coming up on his +2 but I think he’s too scared to eat currently.

edit: actually I say that and he starts eating

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  24. Bandit's Mom

Comfortably higher at +2. You can stop testing and feedign every hour.

25. Marc & Cooper

Marc & Cooper Member

that’s what’s I figured! He did end up eating most of a half of the can. So at +6 I’ll give him his regular 3/4 and a test then.

Bandit's Mom likes this.