Cat recovering from DKA

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Liz & Sandy, Jan 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz & Sandy

Liz & Sandy Member

Ok I’m going to too at the dose, but I break the tab in half and giving to you him every 24 hours.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Liza, would you mind just using the thread on the Lantus page now please as having two threads going can be confusing. And you will have more eyes watching you over there :)
    Thanks

Liz & Sandy likes this.
  3. Liz & Sandy

Liz & Sandy Member

Ok I don’t realize this was the other one just saw the alerts and I answered. Will keep it on the other one.

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

It’s ok to have a thread in both pages about different things, but if you are talking about the care of Sandy and DKA we need to stick to one thread

Critter Mom and Liz & Sandy like this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Just checking to see how it’s going. The ss looks great.

Liz & Sandy likes this.
  6. Liz & Sandy

Liz & Sandy Member

It’s going ok, Sandy is good. Had a little trouble with the lifestyle libre sensor he’s got on but it’s good now. But I wasn’t able to scan for fe hours. Tried pricking ear and failed miserable and he was pretty upset. I’m also trying to move his shot schedule up because it’s at 3:30am and 3:30pm right now because of delays from previous day. So I’m pretty tired on the messed up schedule I’m on. He continues to be picky about food so I’ve had to give him some dry he likes mixed in with the wet food. But he’s picking it out and leaves most of the wet food. He was doing ok on the fancy feast pate but his numbers were coming down into more normal range and when I gave shot was bringing him into low numbers. So I’m going to continue trying to find what works for him. But he looks good, and even played a little today

Critter Mom likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He needs to eat for sure. Once you are able to get him eating and used to the routine you can tackle the food. Baby steps. That’s awful having to shoot at 3:30 a.m. what’s your preferred shot time? That’s great that he’s playing a little. It means he’s feeling better.

Liz & Sandy and Critter Mom like this.
  8. Liz & Sandy

Liz & Sandy Member

I started with 8am and 8pm. That time was working perfect. Unfortunately speaking of this I slept right past the alarm last night (first time) so I had him eat and gave him the shot at 5:30am.

9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

You are getting closer to your preferred schedule!
    Are you still feeding him the 8 to 10% carbs?
    Did you manage to get some ondansetron?

Don’t forget to start a new thread on the Lantus page each day. There are more eyes over there to help you.

Liz & Sandy likes this.
  10. Liz & Sandy

Liz & Sandy Member

He wouldn’t eat eat so I mixed in some of the food he likes and he only picked it out of the other food. Problem is the food he likes is dry. Today I went back to the fancy feast classic pate and he ate almost half a can at pmps.
    I’m still getting use to this page it’s still hard for me to navigate in it when I click on alerts it just takes me to the comment I don’t realize which one I’m on. I’ll keep scrolling up to see which one I’m actually on. And I didn’t realize I could post daily. I didn’t want to take time away from people that may need more help if Sandy is doing ok and not dropping. When he drops is kind of when I start to freak out. But if it’s ok to just post updates over there I’ll start doing that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.