Cabergoline users question

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Suzanne & Darcy, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Has anybody had diarrhea with cabergoline? Darcy has had diarrhea for several days now (been on cabergoline over a month) and I am trying to discern the cause.

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Snuffles has been on it since Dec. On a few since days his feces are very soft, I wouldn't call it diarrhea.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  3. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Thank you, Larry. Unfortunately, Darcy is having liquid diarrhea (no shape at all). I'm not blaming the Cabergoline necessarily. I have discontinued all supplements (Cosequin, Denamarin) except the probiotic (Proviable DC.)

4. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Howie did but just at the beginning which I was warned about. I hope you can track down the culprit/reason. Howie is actually having too firm of stool so he just started on some Mira lax.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  5. wenfen

wenfen New Member

Hello everyone. I'm Wendy & my Sugar baby is Sammy, a 12 year old Tabby that was diagnosed with FD 10/26/20. He's also been diagnosed with Acromegaly with a IGF-1 of 434 & is currently unregulated & on Lantus 12 units 2X per day. He also just started 0.70 dose of Cabergoline (started every 72 hours, currently every 48 hours) last week & has a Libre on him for 24 monitoring. We've been using the Pettest glucometer 3X per day (AM pre-shot +6 Nadir & PM pre-shot) since his diagnosis & his numbers continue to be all over the place. We're hoping that the Cabergoline will help to lower his insulin dose & get his numbers down to where he needs to be.
    I would appreciate any info on Cabergoline from other Acro pet parents. TIA & happy to be here!