? Binnie completed 12 hour curve

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PatinToronto, Jan 16, 2022.

1. PatinToronto

PatinToronto Member

Since he's dropping despite eating 2 hours ago, I'm wondering whether I should test again soon? We're doing his curve today.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It’s going to be an active cycle. I would get a +3. I also think you need tests at night when many cats have very active cycles and there’s the potential for going very low.

3. PatinToronto

PatinToronto Member

OK thanks. I will check at +3.
    I did two after-midnight checks a week ago and he stayed in yellow. It's very hard for me when I'm working, but I'll set my alarm to wake 2 or 3 AM and check again.

4. tiffmaxee

Can you get a +2 at night easily? If it’s a lot lower than the pmps that would be a good time to set an alarm.

5. PatinToronto

PatinToronto Member

Yes, PM+2 easy. Thanks, will do.
    Today, the AM +3 is about the same as an hour ago. Keep checking hourly?

6. tiffmaxee

The +2 often acts like a crystal ball as to whether it might be an active cycle as many cats onset then. If there’s a drop from the amps/pmps it might be an active cycle. Some cats onset later but it looks like the +2 will be good with Binnie.

7. tiffmaxee

Test in two hours.

8. PatinToronto

PatinToronto Member

Not sure about dose now. Do I hold the dose or increase again? Or wait till I have more overnight BGs?
    Thanks

9. tiffmaxee

Today is day 6 on 5.0. One more day at this dose before you increase with SLGS. Looking at his curve you would be good to increase but it would be good to see his night nadir.

10. PatinToronto

PatinToronto Member

OK thanks, I'll wait. I did the curve today b/c it's the weekend and I'm off. He's pretty much done with me, so no more BGs tonight. I'll try for Mon night.